Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
nsc.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks - I've previously blocked other football clubs ads that used to appear. I'll add Arsenal to that right now.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Meanwhile Bozza, we love you and very much appreciate this site but commercial adverts slow it down and sometimes can piss you off. However I know their importance. Please do not allow the functioning of the site to slow for advertisers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Meanwhile Bozza, we love you and very much appreciate this site but commercial adverts slow it down and sometimes can piss you off. However I know their importance. Please do not allow the functioning of the site to slow for advertisers.

It's a delicate balance. I removed a few ads a couple of months ago when it was slowing down and it seems OK to me now and I've not seen any other moans about it since.

With the traffic NSC has, it could generate a fair bit from ad revenue if I completely milked it, but I hate sites that are overloaded with ads and as I use NSC more than any other site, I'm not likely to do it.

Look at some of these beauties: http://justpremium.com/products/

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Can't say i've noticed to be honest

And the NSC "jump" is a distant memory. Most of the time I don't notice the ad's, but I grew up with a brother who was (and is) an Arsenal fan (he was a glory hunter from a very early age), so provoked me into action, as it were!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's a delicate balance. I removed a few ads a couple of months ago when it was slowing down and it seems OK to me now and I've not seen any other moans about it since.

With the traffic NSC has, it could generate a fair bit from ad revenue if I completely milked it, but I hate sites that are overloaded with ads and as I use NSC more than any other site, I'm not likely to do it.

Look at some of these beauties: http://justpremium.com/products/

Oh God, three seconds and that was it. Sorry Bozza I know they are necessary but that is cynical. The highlighted link that is, to make it clear!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...I also turned off the entire dating category within Google Adsense which, I think, got rid of a lot of the worst quality adverts that were appearing sometimes.

I now get alerted by Google regularly that the site is missing out on income and we should consider re-enabling dating ads.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
...I also turned off the entire dating category within Google Adsense which, I think, got rid of a lot of the worst quality adverts that were appearing sometimes.

I now get alerted by Google regularly that the site is missing out on income and we should consider re-enabling dating ads.

I did wonder where my russian girl followers had gone

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

A fine balance between income, site stability and usability and not forgetting viability. You do a good job, I am not being unfair just reasonably critical.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
missing a trick, leave it and encourage everyone to click...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

They get
attachment.php

on my nerves.
attachment.php

Too intrusive
attachment.php

and I can't
attachment.php

concentrate
attachment.php

on blah blah

Attachments

• 000exercise.png
    000exercise.png
    27.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 000galleries.png
    000galleries.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 284
  • 000giffgaff.png
    000giffgaff.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 000kenneth.png
    000kenneth.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 000russian-bride.png
    000russian-bride.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 000travel-girls.png
    000travel-girls.png
    95 KB · Views: 280

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003

Shirley no-one is desperate enough to date NSC posters

kip

Aug 2, 2011

I turned off add blocker when you did this, it was embarrassing having those adds pop up, kept having to click to something else when the misses walked past :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here