Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adele, BBC sucking up again ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Getting a bit fed up with all the hype about the BBC/Adele link up across the many facets of the BBC. Ok, so she's a reasonable singer who has had a little break and she is coming back with a new album, it's not like her first material for 30 years or needs the cash or a leg up to make it.

Surely the airtime should be given over to up and coming bands rather than feather the nest of an already well off star

We didn't get this sort of hype when Ali Campbell and the rest of UB40 made up did we ?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
You're overlooking the fact that the BBC will be making a lot of revenue out of the one off special, they've sold the broadcasting rights to 13 countries including France, Australia, Belgium, Spain, Canada and Italy - will yield a hefty wad for their coffers.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
She's not a great singer,and a bit too bloody miserable for my taste.
She doesn't hold a candle to Aretha, but the X factor generation think she can sing, so the Beeb panders to them for viewing figures etc

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Middle of the road shite. I just don't get the hype.

I agree, I don't hate her music, but I don't particularly like it either. It's just background noise, I listen to an Adele song and it provokes no emotions in me whatsoever.

She must spend ages coming up with her album names too.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One Show doing obligatory puff too.... " Simply AMAZING.....!!! " pass the bucket please.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BBC continuity man just now " Stars don't come much bigger than Adele....." I thought she had lost weight ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ah how very British to knock a home grown success story !
I'm not exactly a fan but many many are and will enjoy the programme........ So a good use of the BBC's entertainment budget and you don't get to say that very often :lolol:

PS - I'm watching the footy on SKY

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you like her then watch, if you don't - turn over.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
She's not a great singer,and a bit too bloody miserable for my taste.
She doesn't hold a candle to Aretha, but the X factor generation think she can sing, so the Beeb panders to them for viewing figures etc

Asuming you are talking of Aretha Franklin who I saw in Vegas last year and I thought that she was awful should have packed up years ago but my brothr reckond she was ok.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This should not be on BBC Friday evening prime time IMO,its essentially just advertising her new album.

It's just a marketing PR stunt for her, she isn't a 'legend' in any sense of the word, just the latest popular singer. Maybe on BBC 2 at 2am but even then I'm not so sure.

The fact it's presented by the sycophantic goon graham Norton makes it even worse.

Oh and the advert for Adele has just been on the BBC news update. A new low for the BBC surely!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Asuming you are talking of Aretha Franklin who I saw in Vegas last year and I thought that she was awful should have packed up years ago but my brothr reckond she was ok.

Talking about her in her prime really, I don't think many of the oldies can cut it now, except Tom Jones

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This should not be on BBC Friday evening prime time IMO,its essentially just advertising her new album.

It's just a marketing PR stunt for her, she isn't a 'legend' in any sense of the word, just the latest popular singer. Maybe on BBC 2 at 2am but even then I'm not so sure.

The fact it's presented by the sycophantic goon graham Norton makes it even worse.

Oh and the advert for Adele has just been on the BBC news update. A new low for the BBC surely!

My point entirely. I expect better from the beeb .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here