Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dig deep and be generous

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
This put a tear in my eye it really did. Just so sad that people are forced to live like this in this day and age, their poor children.

Thatcher's Bloody Britain

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A work colleague of mine has a mate who sits behind the star of the story. He has been getting quite a lot of stick today and has kept disappearing to take phone calls. One of his colleagues calculated how much he spends on lunch and hot drinks every week and told him how many weeks of school he could pay for if he brought instant coffee and a packed lunch. Love it.

They have made the daily mash and are surely going to have a miserable weekend with this going viral.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Could sell the buy-to-let flat but don't want to miss out if prices rocket in future...christ almighty, that counts as a problem?!

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Their respective careers - in management consultancy and personal injury law - give them a joint income of £190,000. The couple also own two properties with a combined value of more than £1m, putting them in the wealthiest 1pc of households in Britain.

But the pair are worried about becoming “financially broken” as the sheer cost of middle-class life in London means they are stretched to the brink. They spend everything they earn – and more.​

Since when does being in the wealthiest 1% of households make you middle class?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
For once, the raving mentalists who pass comment on Telegraph articles are quite funny in trying to stick up for them. Dear me.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Hi all

Have you seen this heartbreaking story in the paper today. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...l-our-flat-to-afford-private-school-fees.html

If you are touched by this story then please give as much as you can. These people need our help and prayers

Fortunately someone has taken the step of creating a donation page
https://www.gofundme.com/zxb6kzcs

Give what you can.
What plonkers....They have got carried away with the high life although a simple move and not being greedy would solve all their hardship bless:eek:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"They are currently heavily reliant upon their salaries, meaning a redundancy or illness could leave them "financially broken""

Isn't this true of pretty much EVERY SINGLE working couple/family in the country?

What a couple of TOSSPOTS

Everyone except [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] I believe, the richest man on this board. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Like Daddy always says money doesn't spend itself"

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Greed. Pure and simple.

Well, greed and pride (for wanting a private primary education). As a Parent Governor of a state Primary, I am astounded all the time by the high quality and dedication of all the staff, not just the teachers. These people just make me sick with their selfish, self inflicted "problems".

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Proof that there's a lot of genuine, hard-working people in London but there's also a lot of ****s

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Who the fvck would hire a Management Consultant who is struggling to make ends meet and has unsecured credit card debts of £8k despite a gross family income of £190k pa, plus a property portfolio of £1m? The bloke is a fvcking clown and I wouldn't ask him to advise on running a bath, never mind a business.

Diablo

Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Their respective careers - in management consultancy and personal injury law - give them a joint income of £190,000. The couple also own two properties with a combined value of more than £1m, putting them in the wealthiest 1pc of households in Britain.

Since when does being in the wealthiest 1% of households make you middle class?​

Wealth has nothing to do with Class........Look at Wayne Rooney........And their properties net worth is £320,000​

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It could be worse they could live in Croydon.

Seriously, it amazes me how two people so thick could earn 190,000 a year.No doubt their jobs come as a benefit of their public school history, the old school tie is alive and kicking in the 21st century.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This has got to be a wind up p...s take. Selling the buy to let flat would make no difference as the rent covers the mortgage so no drain on their funds. The obvious is to sell their house and move to a cheaper area if they cant afford the mortgage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here