Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mali Hotel attacked 170 Hostages

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And depressingly it's not the top story on the BBC ..... I guess it's not a European country !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
According to Sky news, Reuters now reporting hostages that can recite sections of the Koran being released. I really fear for those that can't.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And depressingly it's not the top story on the BBC ..... I guess it's not a European country !
No , it's not , and stories from European countries that are CLOSE TO HOME , are always going to have more interest for most people , lets be brutally honest here , people empathise more with people who lead similar lives to ours , IE western or european, now i'll count North America and Australasia amongst these groups , its a simple fact of life .

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Similar to the attack on the Taj at Mumbai and the Bataclan in Paris.
Maximum slaughter of innocent people in an environment all would consider "safe"
Terrorism at possibly its most effective.
Let's hope the authorities in Mali are able to deal with it in such a way that loss of life is minimised. The key to that is not to wait or negotiate as it simply offers the perpetrators more time for killing.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Rumors that Nigerian Billionaire Aliko Dangote ,( reputed to be the richest man in Africa ) is a guest at the Hotel .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
According to Sky news, Reuters now reporting hostages that can recite sections of the Koran being released. I really fear for those that can't.

Oh dear, this is bad. There can be no negotiation with these people as they have nothing to negotiate,if they take hostages it is not as a bargaining chip.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Post Removed by Bwian

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And of course Mail used to be a French colony and somewhere where French troops have recently been active.

From the BBC website

The BBC French Service's Mamadou Moussa also told the programme that a radical Islamist militant leader in Mali had called on his followers to target French interests in the country:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here