Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Junior Doctors

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I am outragied that their being so selfiesh and striking to kill so many people on a Saturday and the other weekend one two.

When it comes to beleiving 10,000 COMUNISTS in a union or that nice Mr Jeremy hunt I'm #TeamJizza all the way. its probably due to the Labor party and there leader forcing them to be leftees

i bet the poll was fixed and not enough of them voted in favor of the strike.

the government shud force them to work or replace them, i bet anyone with a box set of Greys Amonoty and a game of operatoin cud do it anyway

There no better than SILENT night and still no news of the cup final 83 money from him

Doctors OUT

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ernest does it so much better.

Edit: Oh sorry! That is one of Ernie's accounts isn't it?
Which reminds me. Does anyone else think that SmarmyHunt looks like a hirsute clone
of William Haig?

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ernest does it so much better.

Edit: Oh sorry! That is one of Ernie's accounts isn't it?
Which reminds me. Does anyone else think that SmarmyHunt looks like a hirsute clone
of William Haig?

CHunt looks like he's bricking it. Good.

I'd be happy to let one of my relatives die of peritonitis because their appendix bursts on Doctors strike day. Just so I can spit on that Tory MONG.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I find it incredible that Hunt has managed to upset doctors so much that they feel the need to strike; You expect Tories to have disagreements with tube drivers, firemen, even nurses but DOCTORS ? That takes incompetence to a whole new level.
I'm (genuinely) interested in the opinions of Conservative supporters on this; has he made a complete bollcoks of it, or are our junior doctors leftie scum ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
4/10 Not enough mention of Dean Wilkins for me, come on [MENTION=13530]bhadebenhams[/MENTION], you can't have forgotten about him already.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I find it incredible that Hunt has managed to upset doctors so much that they feel the need to strike; You expect Tories to have disagreements with tube drivers, firemen, even nurses but DOCTORS ? That takes incompetence to a whole new level.
I'm (genuinely) interested in the opinions of Conservative supporters on this; has he made a complete bollcoks of it, or are our junior doctors leftie scum ?
To be quite honest, I am not sure what the whole issue is about, because each side will put their spin on it. I am not sure why you think doctors should be any different from others -they are also as capable of being as greedy as any other community. It seems that the junior doctors are cross, but it might be that they just do not want to work at weekends or that the pill will be sweetened by a huge pay rise. I would be interested to hear from someone who genuinely knows why there is such mutual suspicion and what the doctors and government want. No, I don't think the doctors are leftie scum, as you put it, but I don't also think that Hunt is incompetent, because he must surely know the risks of what he is undertaking but is doing it nonetheless.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To be quite honest, I am not sure what the whole issue is about, because each side will put their spin on it. I am not sure why you think doctors should be any different from others -they are also as capable of being as greedy as any other community. It seems that the junior doctors are cross, but it might be that they just do not want to work at weekends or that the pill will be sweetened by a huge pay rise. I would be interested to hear from someone who genuinely knows why there is such mutual suspicion and what the doctors and government want. No, I don't think the doctors are leftie scum, as you put it, but I don't also think that Hunt is incompetent, because he must surely know the risks of what he is undertaking but is doing it nonetheless.

This conflict has revealed just how poor we pay our junior doctors: £23k. And before anyone starts, they have a long-training period (when they're not earning), work in an extremely pressured environment and work anti-social and often long hours.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i dont understand this dispute. its normal for there to be large gap on each side in industrial dispute, but some of the claims directly contradict each other and you wouldnt expect educated doctors to just follow the union line. its a high turn out with high vote for clearly they arent happy. but why not for apparently 11% pay rise and fewer hours. apparently only 1% of doctors will lose pay, those working the longest hours which is somthing everyone wants to reduced (claims via the BBC). doesnt make sense.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
This conflict has revealed just how poor we pay our junior doctors: £23k.

in year one. 28k year two, and so on until about 70k after 9 years as a consultant.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
One of the rotas the NHS want to bring in :
CTFS_UgWIAI6fs8.jpg

Having worked 24 hour rotas for 15+ years, that's the worst rota I've ever seen

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012

I am not a Conservative supporter, but I do have a daughter who is a junior doctor. She is about the least political person I know, and is a doctor because she cares. Of the 76% who voted, she was one of the 98% who voted to strike - that's quite overwhelming, really. She said in a message yesterday "I'm not going to let those Tory bar stewards ruin our NHS."

Jeremy C Hunt has done a remarkable job of taking on one of the most erudite and articulate and thinking group of employees we have in the country and turning them right off!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
i dont understand this dispute. its normal for there to be large gap on each side in industrial dispute, but some of the claims directly contradict each other and you wouldnt expect educated doctors to just follow the union line. its a high turn out with high vote for clearly they arent happy. but why not for apparently 11% pay rise and fewer hours. apparently only 1% of doctors will lose pay, those working the longest hours which is somthing everyone wants to reduced (claims via the BBC). doesnt make sense.

I think the figures you are quoting are the government's version. My daughter has said she has real fears she would not be able to pay her mortgage.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
One of the rotas the NHS want to bring in :
i was going to ask how that compares to now, but apparently that is a current rota pattern

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I am outragied that their being so selfiesh and striking to kill so many people on a Saturday and the other weekend one two.

When it comes to beleiving 10,000 COMUNISTS in a union or that nice Mr Jeremy hunt I'm #TeamJizza all the way. its probably due to the Labor party and there leader forcing them to be leftees

i bet the poll was fixed and not enough of them voted in favor of the strike.

the government shud force them to work or replace them, i bet anyone with a box set of Greys Amonoty and a game of operatoin cud do it anyway

There no better than SILENT night and still no news of the cup final 83 money from him

Doctors OUT

there speaks someone who has not been into hospital lately
and seen just how hard they work along with nurses

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
in year one. 28k year two, and so on until about 70k after 9 years as a consultant.

This is wrong. Here are the published pay scales of Jnr's up to Senior Reg level.

http://bma.org.uk/support-at-work/pay-fees-allowances/pay-scales/juniors-pay-england

First year Consultants start at £55 grand might be more now I havn't looked. It then increases by approx. £10 grand a year. On top of this are all sorts of add ons, Clinical Excellence awards etc. Plus any Private Practice you are involved in.
Not to shabby. Although it is tough getting there.
I have listened to what Junior Doctors don't like about the change in contract and I haven't heard anything definite or consistent, apart from the notion that it could be dangerous for the patient.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I think the figures you are quoting are the government's version. My daughter has said she has real fears she would not be able to pay her mortgage.

yes, but then we only have the governments numbers for reference. something i read was that there will be for some years top up payments for doctors that dont meet the 11% in normal hours, to ensure the commitment is kept.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The 11% is, on the face of it, a high increase on basic but it hides the fact that the government are reducing the number of hours that are considered unsociable and therefore the number of hours that pay is enhanced. For example, normal hours are considered to be 7am-7pm during the week and unsociable outside of this. This is going to be extended to be 7am to 10pm and also to now include the same times on Saturdays.

As for negotiations, the Doctors and Dentist Review Board, which advised the Government, recommended 23 changes to the contract. We hear Hunt on television going on about the doctors getting back round the table but what he doesn't say is that 22 of the recommendations are non negotiable!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here