Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Has anyone got a bit of Victor Meldrew in them?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Was given the complete series of One Foot in the Grave for a gift, oustanding :)

Anybody with a bit of VM in them?
attachment.php

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 653

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I'm sure I'm heading that way. I'll be 46 next month and I already get irritated by lots of little things such as people who don't say please and thank you. I'm convinced that my little moans to myself will eventually end up as long rants about how it was different in my day etc etc.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
43 and definitely showing signs of VM. I have the curtain twitching down pat, and as for the neighbours, well......

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Mrs Meldrew?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm generally quite angry, and I often eat in the Pub outside of which, Victor was killed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm generally quite angry, and I often eat in the Pub outside of which, Victor was killed.

I was going to post that the scene of his fatal accident is not far from me - and the pub was quite decent last time I went there.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Certainly. It the grumpy old sod in me comes out when people are just ridiculous. I work in retail so this is pretty much a daily occurrence. Having said that, I am amazed that I'm not a complete scrooge. I guess what goes on at work...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Some mornings i walk into work. It takes me up to 90 minutes, and while i go, or perhaps closer to when i reach the journey's end, i've grown more and more incensed with the actions of cyclists i'd go past without much noticing on most mornings on wheels of my own. A month or two ago, moments after successfully telling off one errant pedaller - a young lady, so hardly a macho conquest - i spotted a chap in his twenties up on the pavement. With a slight air of newfound confidence i pointed this chap toward the road. He, probably quite rightly really, grinned at my statement and said "Alright Grandad," and carried on his way. I'm a few months over 40 and not entirely unspritely, but staring back at myself just after i did cackle at the aged chap i'd become, wishing i had some sort of a cane to wave in anger at the wisecracking whippersnapper, and mutter during my remaining yards home until i'd forgotten what i was riled about and why my neck was a little sore for all its shaking.
Tomorrow i plan to stride in again, and i have to try and convince myself to just allow things not quite right to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here