[Albion] 5 players who should be on Chris Hughton’s January wishlist

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Apart from the Italian who I've never heard of, they would all be decent options. Really surprised Kermorgrant isn't getting game time at B'muff, he was blinding last season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Apart from the Italian who I've never heard of, they would all be decent options. Really surprised Kermorgrant isn't getting game time at B'muff, he was blinding last season
Yes it does seem strange not giving him game time when they can't score to save themselves.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Even though Greer and Dunk are regular fixtures at the back, they lack serious strength in depth, and if one of them becomes injured, they will need to sign a backup and Benedetti would not be too expensive.

Er, it's probably the position we're least lacking in.

Left back yes, perhaps a spare winger, and certainly at least one striker. But we're not in the market for another CB

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Would take Tex back, and Kermorgant would be handy too.

Not sure why we would want Kramaric, who hasn't exactly set the league alight...and they've got Ulloa, i'd prefer him back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently we offered a double deal for Stephens and Kemognant in the January 2014 window but for whatever reason he went Bournemouth and we only got Stephens. So would the club want him now,2n bite at the cherry, although the management and recruitment has changed Think he would score goals but very similar to Hemed in his play and not the 'fox in the box' we need.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Chris has such a wide scouting network that there are several already being targeted so restricting it to 5 is pointless. He pinpoints the areas that needs strengthening and then sets out a list of potentials - Then the problems begin with availability and cost and thats when it gets more difficult.

By the way I don't think Teixeiro is an option - I know fans would love him back and although he is a great player in the making, we were comparing him to the players in a bad side last year. I think the amount he would cost, wouldn't be value for money. Many will say if he gets you to the Premiership it is worth it but if you don't go up you are stuck with an extremely expensive Championship player on your hands.

Thats the type of player which relegated premiership clubs look to offload when they get relegated to the Championship. There are a lot of less financial risk options available. The only problem being, there are about 12 clubs after the same type players

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The fact he doesn't seem to be aware that we have Huenemeier makes me mistrust his knowledge generally.

Yes me too. I think that these may simply be five names he has picked out of the air to make a good news story.

Texeira he may see as a safe bet considering he was with us last season, and some of the other players have been linked with us recently too.

In any case, as far as permanent moves are concerned, we all know how difficult it is to entice other clubs to sell to us in the January window.

I'd be very very surprised if any of them came off, this side of the August window anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chris has such a wide scouting network that there are several already being targeted so restricting it to 5 is pointless. He pinpoints the areas that needs strengthening and then sets out a list of potentials - Then the problems begin with availability and cost and thats when it gets more difficult.

By the way I don't think Teixeiro is an option - I know fans would love him back and although he is a great player in the making, we were comparing him to the players in a bad side last year. I think the amount he would cost, wouldn't be value for money. Many will say if he gets you to the Premiership it is worth it but if you don't go up you are stuck with an extremely expensive Championship player on your hands.

Thats the type of player which relegated premiership clubs look to offload when they get relegated to the Championship. There are a lot of less financial risk options available. The only problem being, there are about 12 clubs after the same type players

If, and I still say that it's a gigantic IF, Teixeira does return, it will only be on another loan deal until the end of the season, maybe with a view to signing him permanantly if we acheive promotion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Reuben Reid at Plymouth 27 years old 265 gaames 94 goals? Going out of contraact soon.

Your suggestions are actually getting worse.

He's actually scored 94 goals in 341 games (in all competitions). His league record is 81 goals in 294 games, a career average of a goal every 3.6 games. Looking at his record he's only ever been prolific in League 2. He's played 27 games at Championship level and never scored, his League 1 record is 14 goals in 76 games. He's 27 and his record speaks for itself, not in a good way either, I doubt he's on the radar of any club looking to challenge at the top end of the Championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Reuben Reid at Plymouth 27 years old 265 gaames 94 goals? Going out of contraact soon.

Hopefully we aren't shopping at Aldi any more.

It was really a question of whether he could make make the step up . I am asking as I do not know much about him. As regards shopping at Aldi we have shopped at Waitrose for CMS and Baldock and neither have proved the goalscoring answer and many clubs have bought lower who have hit it off, sp why cant we? The figures I quoted was taken from soccerbase.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here