Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An open letter to terrorists

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I found this letter very moving, a Husband of a women killed on Friday in Paris has penned this to the madmen who killed her.
I don't think I could feel like this in similar circumstances, although I would like to think I would.
Antoine Leiris, I take my hat off to you.

He added: ‘If this God for whom you are killing blindly made us out of his image, every bullet in my wife’s body would have been a wound to his heart.’
YOU STOLE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE: FULL TRANSCRIPT OF HUSBAND'S LETTER
On Friday night you stole the life of an exceptional being, the love of my life, the mother of my son, but you won't have my hatred.
I don't know who you are and I don't want to know - you are dead souls. If this God for which you kill indiscriminately made us in his own image, every bullet in the body of my wife will have been a wound in his heart.
So no, I don't give you the gift of hating you. You are asking for it but responding to hatred with anger would be giving in to the same ignorance that made you what you are.
You want me to be afraid, to view my fellow countrymen with mistrust, to sacrifice my freedom for security.You have lost.
I saw her this morning. Finally, after many nights and days of waiting. She was just as beautiful as when she left on Friday night, just as beautiful as when I fell hopelessly in love over 12 years ago.
Of course I'm devastated with grief, I admit this small victory, but it will be short-lived. I know she will accompany us every day and that we will find ourselves in this paradise of free souls to which you'll never have access.
We are two, my son and I, but we are stronger than all the armies of the world.
I don't have any more time to devote to you, I have to join Melvil who is waking up from his nap. He is barely 17-months-old. He will eat his meals as usual, and then we are going to play as usual, and for his whole life this little boy will threaten you by being happy and free. Because no, you will not have his hatred either

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...low us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow. Poor bloke and kid - 17 months old & won't have any memory of his mother - and for what..? For bloody what...? I admire your strength Antoine - and I pray this sort of thing is wiped out sooner rather than later...

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I have a 15 month daughter. The thought of her mum being taken from my daughters life at such a young age makes me feel sick to the very pit of my stomach. I cannot even begin to imagine the hurt he is feeling.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Heard it spoken on BBC news, very humbling

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I heard this yesterday.

I don't know what to think of his letter.

Is he a very intelligent human being who knows that all the bitterness & vengeance in the world will not bring his loved ones back.
Knowing that the culprits were already dead.
Or does he feel the same as you & I would feel but knows that if he wrote what he really felt nobody would bother to print it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I heard this yesterday.

I don't know what to think of his letter.

Is he a very intelligent human being who knows that all the bitterness & vengeance in the world will not bring his loved ones back.
Knowing that the culprits were already dead.
Or does he feel the same as you & I would feel but knows that if he wrote what he really felt nobody would bother to print it.

I'm sure there will be times of anger. It's part of grief, but he is saying he's not going to hang on to that anger. Bitterness will only harm him & his son in the long run.
I hope he finds comfort and some happiness in the future.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm sure there will be times of anger. It's part of grief, but he is saying he's not going to hang on to that anger. Bitterness will only harm him & his son in the long run.
I hope he finds comfort and some happiness in the future.

Having his attitude will give him the best chance of finding happiness in the future.I hope so.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Wow, that was tough reading. I really hope he finds happiness and so glad he has his boy to focus on. How do people get through things like this?

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I have been saying that all of Isis should be exterminated by any means, then you read a letter like this. I feel totally humble now knowing that this man is a better person than I will ever be.
Good luck for the future sir, but somehow I do not think you are going to need it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wow. Poor bloke and kid - 17 months old & won't have any memory of his mother - and for what..? For bloody what...? I admire your strength Antoine - and I pray this sort of thing is wiped out sooner rather than later...

I am worried that i may have thumbs downed this due to slow internet.

Apologies and it was supposed to be a big thumbs up.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am worried that i may have thumbs downed this due to slow internet.

Apologies and it was supposed to be a big thumbs up.

No matey - I think the thumbs down option has now gone. (Unless you've already liked it in which case you can unlike it!). Thanks :)

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I'm sure he is feeling every emotion but he has chosen to write a letter like this, which is incredibly humbling to read.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm immensely moved by Antoine and his riposte to Jihad.

I would add a P.S though.

I hope you burn in hell you ****ing twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here