Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
A bit premature but anyone got any ideas - serious or pi$$taking? I reckon that the cupboard is a bit bare this year. Surely there's a distant member of the Royal Family who has played some posh sport in the past 12 months?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm just WAITING for someone to completely misunderstand the award and say "but he/she has no personality at all".

It winds me up EVERY time.

Oh, and Jessica Ennis-Hill will win.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A bit premature but anyone got any ideas - serious or pi$$taking? I reckon that the cupboard is a bit bare this year. Surely there's a distant member of the Royal Family who has played some posh sport in the past 12 months?

Calde?!

Jessica Ennis is odds on to win it, after winning world champs.

Followed by
A Murray
L Hamilton
C Froome
W Rooney!?!?!
M Farah
A McCoy
Joe Root
T Fury
G Bale

Fury 66/1 could be interesting if he manages to beat Vlad Klitschko

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I reckon Murray still has a good shot and is an attractive price. If we win the Davis Cup he will have almost won it single handedly (they will definitely get team of the year) and it will be in the forefront of peoples minds.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A bit left field I know, but how about Sebastian Coe, brave man taking on the job of Olympic tsar, dealing with all the alleged drug tw*ts???

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A bit left field I know, but how about Sebastian Coe, brave man taking on the job of Olympic tsar, dealing with all the alleged drug tw*ts???

Are you joking ?

Coe has been Vice President of the IAAF for the last 8 years. The systematic state-sponsored doping of those cheating Russian athletes all happened under HIS watch, while he was busily fellating his great mate and predecessor Lamine Diack, who has now been arrested on corruption charges.

His first reaction to the findings of WADA's indepedent investigation was to call it a "declaration of war" on his sport. He was either complicit, turned a blind eye, or totally incompetent. Regardless, he should've been SACKED, not made President. Going by his current track record in the job, he seems very ill-equipped to clean up the sport. He's almost Blatter-like in his "didn't know nuffin about if guv" attitude.

So no. He wouldn't get my vote.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Are you joking ?

Coe has been Vice President of the IAAF for the last 8 years. The systematic state-sponsored doping of those cheating Russian athletes all happened under HIS watch, while he was busily fellating his great mate and predecessor Lamine Diack, who has now been arrested on corruption charges.

His first reaction to the findings of WADA's indepedent investigation was to call it a "declaration of war" on his sport. He was either complicit, turned a blind eye, or totally incompetent. Regardless, he should've been SACKED, not made President. Going by his current track record in the job, he seems very ill-equipped to clean up the sport. He's almost Blatter-like in his "didn't know nuffin about if guv" attitude.

100% this. Oily, self serving politician of the lowest order.

The worst thing about the (excellent) London Olympics was the foot up it gave to him and Boris as they somehow managed to take full credit for something we all paid for and that thousands of paid and unpaid people made possible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good call BUT I'd be laying off now, as not Olympic gold I reckon she's the worst odds on shot I've ever seen
She's nailed on the winner, by virtue of the fact I didn't take my own advise @ 20/1. double :down:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are you joking ?

Or, he knew things weren't right but also knew he couldn't do a thing about it until he was in the top job! Are there any other candidates you would like to see in the top job to tackle this. As for Blatter, it's not a case of not being aware of what was happening on his watch, just how much he was involved in what was going on. Him and Platini.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are you joking ?

The worst thing about the (excellent) London Olympics was the foot up it gave to him and Boris as they somehow managed to take full credit for something we all paid for and that thousands of paid and unpaid people made possible.

Or, he knew things weren't right but also knew he couldn't do a thing about it until he was in the top job! Are there any other candidates you would like to see in the top job to tackle this. As for Blatter, it's not a case of not being aware of what was happening on his watch, just how much he was involved in what was going on. Him and Platini.

Fair enough :bowdown:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Yup. And then watched on as the Russians cheated their way up the 2012 medals table as a direct result of the IAAF's years of inactivity and then collusion with the Russian Athletics Federation and its Government to dispose of its athletes doping samples. Stinks to high heaven, and has resulted in multiple athletes being cheated out of medals they would have won. And Coe was there in a senior position of authority through all of it. He failed in his job, abjectly.

Sorry, that's not good enough. If that was indeed the case, then he allowed London 2012 to go ahead in the knowledge that athletes were drugged up to the eyeballs, and did nothing. In fact Coe initally came out swinging, in full-on DENIAL mode before the extent of the cheating was fully revealed by the publishing of that report. Now its all the mealy-mouthed crap we hear from politicians promising "root and branch reforms" blah blah.

If he was was truly clueless that all this was going on, then he's not fit for purpose. If he knew about it, then he's a disgrace who should be out on his ear already. Nothing I have seen from him convinces me he's the right man for the job.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm just WAITING for someone to completely misunderstand the award and say "but he/she has no personality at all".

It winds me up EVERY time.

Oh, and Jessica Ennis-Hill will win.

Agree. Why Sports Personality? Why not just plain old Sports Person? Sportsmen and women seem to be a bit lacking in the personality department in my opinion. I give you Andy Murray.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here