Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MARCH'S SURREAL ENGLAND EXPERIENCE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Solly March reflected on a surreal experience representing England’s under-21s against Switzerland at the Amex on Monday.

The 21-year-old played the first 57 minutes of the crucial Euro 2017 qualifying win and he enjoyed playing in front of a local crowd.
He said, “It was good to get a start and gain some competitive game time for the under-21s, especially playing at Brighton in front of the home fans. It was a good night.
“I got a clue that I was starting on Sunday in the training session when we were going through the team shapes. I was trying to prepare myself in the best way I could.
“Playing in the surroundings you’re familiar with is helpful. It’s comforting knowing that you play in the same stadium every other week.
“But at the same time, it was a bit weird wearing a different shirt and sometimes I was thinking, 'where’s the right-back for Brighton?'!"

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

March was replaced by super-sub Duncan Watmore, who came off the bench to win a penalty and score England’s second goal on the night, but the Albion winger was satisfied with his performance in the 3-1 win.
“I thought I did all right; it probably wasn’t my best game going forward, but that happens sometimes, especially in international football. It’s a different sort of game and you have to adapt.
“It seems to be more of a tactical game and teams are harder to break down. That’s probably the main difference.
“When I came off the pitch, the manager said that we need more strikers on the pitch to get us back in the game. It worked, so I can’t complain!”
The youngster has been delighted with his progress in the last four years and is now eager to help Albion in their promotion challenge, which resumes on Sunday with a potentially tricky match at Burnley.
“I’ve been at the club for almost four years now and quite a few things have happened. I’ve played in the Albion first team and for England’s under-21s. I just need to keep improving and get to the Premier League with Brighton.
“The Burnley game is a big one for us up there and if we get three points, then we’ll be happy.”
p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here