Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anonymous 'declares war' on Islamic State

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
....no idea who these people are, some hackers it would seem.

Can they make a difference? Are they serious international hacking nerds? Maybe someone who knows about these things can comment.

Can they really carry out their threat and make a difference?

Sorry if fixtures, just stumbled across the article and it seemed relevant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34836400/anonymous-declares-war-on-islamic-state

anonymous1_3501700b.jpg

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
....no idea who these people are, some hackers it would seem.

Can they make a difference? Are they serious international hacking nerds? Maybe someone who knows about these things can comment.

Can they really carry out there threat and make a difference?

Sorry if fictures, just stumbles across the article and it seemed relevant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34836400/anonymous-declares-war-on-islamic-state

They can hack into anything (I'm assuming) therefor able to access any online communication ISIS might have, while also finding anyone who supports IS online and publishing all their details, and also take down websites that promote IS

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe they are just going to keep phoning them up and telling them they can claim for being miss-sold PPI?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Maybe they are just going to keep phoning them up and telling them they can claim for being miss-sold PPI?

Enough to drive anyone mad I'm sure.

Noticed a bit on the Security Services who like some of these I.S sites to run so they can track people/intel.

Will these guys just scupper that?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
In this case I really don't think they're helping.

Security services around the world use these websites and social networking profiles for information and intelligence gathering.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Apparently to surveil one person 24 hours a day it takes 30-40 people, or you could have thousands of nerds and geeks working for free and for fun, hacking satellites, mobile devices, conversations and tracking suspects in Europe and Syria. The good ones can do pretty much anything so it could potentially be a cunning plan..

It’s a real pain in the ar5e just if someone can take down your website and other accounts on a daily basis. ISIS may have a few Muslim technical nerds but if they are outnumbered by all the nerds in the world there would only be one winner.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Anonymous has begun leaking the personal information of suspected extremists, after it "declared war" on Isis in the wake of the deadly attacks in Paris.

The activist collective is assembling lists of the Twitter accounts and websites of extremists, in an attempt to have them taken down. At least one post seen by The Independent contains details including the physical address of a person it claims is an Isis recruiter in Europe.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-details-of-suspected-extremist-a6737291.html

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Apparently to surveil one person 24 hours a day it takes 30-40 people, or you could have thousands of nerds and geeks working for free and for fun, hacking satellites, mobile devices, conversations and tracking suspects in Europe and Syria. The good ones can do pretty much anything so it could potentially be a cunning plan..

It’s a real pain in the ar5e just if someone can take down your website and other accounts on a daily basis. ISIS may have a few Muslim technical nerds but if they are outnumbered by all the nerds in the world there would only be one winner.

We do it with 9.
Would be interested to know which company requires 30-40 people for surveillance?!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would have thought that a western invention, the Internet, computers, smartphones and so forth, would have been frowned on by our Mohammedan friends seeing as, patently, they have nothing whatsoever to do with Allah, or any of his medieval bullshit.

Instead of blowing up some Sumerian temples or Buddhist shrines as thay run around wagging their index fingers at us KUFFAR perhaps Mohommed would be better served by his followers chucking their fucking iPads and IPhones onto a bonfire and them fucking off back to the desert. Twats.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We do it with 9.
Would be interested to know which company requires 30-40 people for surveillance?!

Someone mentioned this about surveillance in a BBC News interview in the context of the Paris attack. I don't know if he was just talking about the French security or generally. It did sound rather a lot and I went back to check.

Maybe keeping an eye on a terror suspect means more people to avoid detection, because following someone all day, ducking behind cars, walls, and pretending to read the newspaper might look a bit obvious if it was done in 3 hour shifts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here