Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Were you around in 1983

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Were you around when the Albion were last in the top division.?

Amazing to think that anyone under 40 will have no memory of it. Makes me feel bloody old.:smile:

Let's hope they can put it right come next May.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Were you around when the Albion were last in the top division.?

Amazing to think that anyone under 40 will have no memory of it. Makes me feel bloody old.:smile:

Let's hope they can put it right come next May.

Ah remember it well, those were the days :bowdown:
attachment.php

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 2,943

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When Mike Bailey was sacked as manager because we were playing unattractive football and winning 1 -0 and were 6th in the top division. That was pre 1983

Last edited:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
When Mike Bailey was sacked as manager because we were playing unattractive football and winning 1 -0 and were 6th in the top division.

Remember hating the football being played. If we conceded, we'd had it. Very happy when he left whatever our position was, I was dying of boredom.!

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
My footballing ambition remains to see the Albion play in Europe before I peg out. We came so close in 83, and I remain ever hopeful that they can go one step further with a cup win or fair play or whatever. What an experience that would be.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
When Mike Bailey was sacked as manager because we were playing unattractive football and winning 1 -0 and were 6th in the top division. That was pre 1983

We were 6th the previous season, we won 1-0 at Liverpool, 1-0 at Spurs, 2-0 at Southampton etc and it wasn't enough for the MOANERS

I BET you were ONE of them DEMANDING he was SACKED

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
11 years old and jumped on the Albion bandwagon and the fever that was the FA cup final. No bugger informed my naïve self that this was as good as it was ever going get being a Brighton fan. I am very grateful thy didn't. Love this club.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I existed, but I hadn't yet made it to the outside world.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Even though it was the top division some of the dumps we played at defied belief. Meadow Lane,Vicarage Road and the Dell spring immediately to mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here