Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Improvements to the club's Selhurst Park home will be the priority"

Keine scheisse Sherlock

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
.......will wait for massive u-turns from Palace fans regarding their attitudes to being funded by "sugar daddies".

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Careful what you wish for.
I've been :fishing: on the Croydon thread about these 2 asset strippers, and so far have had at least 4 nimrods telling me they don't care.

I'm so bored of it I even told them I was :fishing: and yet they keep biting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
interesting as this is about a week old news, when it was presented as a done deal. so it hasn't actually been delivered yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
interesting as this is about a week old news, when it was presented as a done deal. so it hasn't actually been delivered yet?
In all seriousness palace need to running away from this deal.
Perhaps they are using it as an advertisement to attract other money men.
But no club, not even them up there, should be giving these 2 clowns the keys to the front door.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was reported that they have become interested because Croydon is part of massive regeneration program in parts of London. Sad that Parish and his mates cant afford to pay the bills but that is nothing new and perhaps this will avoid another period of administration.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It will happen mores the pity.
We need massive investment like that too if we are to ever compete with the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd and other teams of that ilk !
If we make the promised land of the Premier League which one day soon we will,
would you all, always be happy with Albion being a bottom 6 team every season, or and relegated 3/4 times along the line and back up and down up and down for years
and never accomplishing anything but a bottom 6 finish ?
I for one wouldnt be very happy at all.
To beat the best you have to invest !!
thats the motto every Premier League club should live by nowadays.
I don't want Brighton there just to make up the numbers like West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland ,West Ham etc etc

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
American investors will be looking to get their money back via higher ticket prices - they will have looked at what West Ham are charging this season and wondered why Palace, in a similarly shabby part of London, are not charging as much.

I don't take any joy in this - although I'll vigorously cheer every Palace defeat, I don't want their fans (who for the most part are proper football fans) to be mugged by a bunch of extreme capitalists, and left with a debt-ridden club when the gravy train runs out.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It will happen mores the pity.
We need massive investment like that too if we are to ever compete with the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd and other teams of that ilk !
If we make the promised land of the Premier League which one day soon we will,
would you all, always be happy with Albion being a bottom 6 team every season, or and relegated 3/4 times along the line and back up and down up and down for years
and never accomplishing anything but a bottom 6 finish ?
I for one wouldnt be very happy at all.
To beat the best you have to invest !!
thats the motto every Premier League club should live by nowadays.
I don't want Brighton there just to make up the numbers like West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland ,West Ham etc etc

Are you privvy to what money TB has and is willing to invest then if we ever get promoted ?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
American investors will be looking to get their money back via higher ticket prices - they will have looked at what West Ham are charging this season and wondered why Palace, in a similarly shabby part of London, are not charging as much.

I don't take any joy in this - although I'll vigorously cheer every Palace defeat, I don't want their fans (who for the most part are proper football fans) to be mugged by a bunch of extreme capitalists, and left with a debt-ridden club when the gravy train runs out.

I agree with this but at the same time am minded of the expression, "those who do nothing deserve all they get". If they stand glibly by and not question the motives of venture capitalists who have a proven track record of nausing up sports teams, then I'm afraid I will have little sympathy for the fans. Things are good for them right now and the club appears to be run well. Chasing an improbable dream would be foolish.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It was reported that they have become interested because Croydon is part of massive regeneration program in parts of London. Sad that Parish and his mates cant afford to pay the bills but that is nothing new and perhaps this will avoid another period of administration.

You do realize Palace were only one of a few clubs that recorded a profit at the last accounts..£23 million if I remember rightly. Why do you think they cant pay their bills ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
.......will wait for massive u-turns from Palace fans regarding their attitudes to being funded by "sugar daddies".

My understanding is the 2 yanks will have a 18% stake each with Parish, while the other 3 owners of cpfc2010 will dilute their stake from 25% to 15.33%.
That makes the present owners holding a controlling stake of 64 %.
IF it goes through, all 6 have pledged to fund the re build equally.
Hope this helps.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hilarious : wants to renovate the main stand and hellava state then then the other then the other.
ALL OF THEM would have been easier
Muppet

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Careful what you wish for.
I've been :fishing: on the Croydon thread about these 2 asset strippers, and so far have had at least 4 nimrods telling me they don't care.

I'm so bored of it I even told them I was :fishing: and yet they keep biting.

And here I was hoping we didn't have fans as bad as the Palace fans who post on here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am past caring about the Nigels, their decent team and their absolute turd of a ground.

Que sera sera, it could be exactly what they need, but it might be a disaster. Meh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here