Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you supplemented your social network profile pic with the French tricolour?

Have you supplemented your social network profile pic with the French tricolour?

• Yes I have

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • No I haven't

Votes: 86 72.9%

• Total voters

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No.
The last time I added a twibbon to my avi it made it all shite and low-res.
I'm not on Facebook as it is for c*nts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Additionally I would argue that abstaining from social networking can actually improve the quality of your social life, and possibly mental wellbeing too. It's surely more rewarding to discuss your lives with your friends in person, rather than browsing digital archives and typing and reading one another's impersonal comments.

.....he wrote on an internet message board..............

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Additionally I would argue that abstaining from social networking can actually improve the quality of your social life, and possibly mental wellbeing too. It's surely more rewarding to discuss your lives with your friends in person, rather than browsing digital archives and typing and reading one another's impersonal comments.

So the answer to your question is of course no, but I don't see how this question is important. Some people will be doing it because their friends are, others will feel it is a nice way of showing respect - others will disagree with both those notions - but who really cares anyway?

I would discuss my life with some of my friends on Facebook but then I would have to do it by Skype as some of them live around the world. What is the difference between talking and typing?
When you get older you get lots of friends who live some distance away but you still want to keep in touch other than an occasional Christmas card. I'm going to a 70th birthday party on Saturday to a friend that I've known since 1967. This was arranged via Facebook with some other friends in a group private message (it is possible to have privacy on that media)
The evening before I am going out for a meal with former colleagues also arranged via Facebook. It's cheaper than using mobile calls.

I love the way that some people think they are being superior by saying they 'have a life' by not using social networks, when they post on Nsc!!

In response to the poll, I did change my picture for 48 hours but it's changed again now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No.

I don't understand the desire to have to be seen to be caring about something - why isn't it enough simply to care?

To each their own though, of course.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
No.

I don't understand the desire to have to be seen to be caring about something - why isn't it enough simply to care?

To each their own though, of course.

Because for some strange reason people have to show they care more than everyone else same as they have to be more offended at things than everyone else or more upset than everyone else - these people are real attention seekers.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
A post I put on Facebook only this morning

"Was it possible to change your profile photo to the Russian flag, after IS murdered 224 Russian holiday makers last month? #justsaying"

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Man without Tricolore Facebook profile picture ‘probably ISIS sympathiser’

37 year-old accountant Simon Williams is probably an ISIS sympathiser after friends noted he has yet to change his profile pic to that of a tricolore.

Friends of Williams claim that despite having 48 hours in which to update his profile picture to show his support for the victims of the Parisian attacks, he has staunchly remained anti-tricolore.

One of Williams’ colleagues told us, “At this stage we haven’t been able to determine if his refusal to support the French victims is because he hates French people, or because he loves ISIS – but it can only be one of those reasons, nothing else.”

“If you want to defeat ISIS, change you profile picture – it is the only way to beat them.”

“Why he would be so brazen about his decision not to have a tricolore profile picture, I have no idea – but then again how are we supposed to understand the mind of these terrorist types?”

“I know that the whole Da’esh / ISIS situation is a complicated one, with nuances and details most people don’t understand, but clearly if you don’t do the same as me then you don’t care about ISIS killing people and want them to win.”

We approached Williams for an explanation of his Facebook profile picture and why he is apparently supporting Da’esh.

http://newsthump.com/2015/11/16/man...ok-profile-picture-probably-isis-sympathiser/

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Because for some strange reason people have to show they care more than everyone else same as they have to be more offended at things than everyone else or more upset than everyone else - these people are real attention seekers.

So does your argument apply to all the millions that were proudly wearing poppies?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So does your argument apply to all the millions that were proudly wearing poppies?

Showing respect for those that have fallen in war on my behalf, for my freedom by wearing a relevant symbol, made by the very people who risked their lives for my freedom, that has been a sign of respect for decades and at the same time giving money to support those who fought and continue to fight as opposed to impotently plastering an app on a social media page? Dunno mate.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Showing respect for those that have fallen in war on my behalf, for my freedom by wearing a relevant symbol, made by the very people who risked their lives for my freedom, that has been a sign of respect for decades and at the same time giving money to support those who fought and continue to fight as opposed to impotently plastering an app on a social media page? Dunno mate.

If it is so 'impotent' why do some people have the need to get so publicly wound up about it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here