Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly targets promotion after special night at the Amex [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Solly March has set his sights on promotion with Albion – after a landmark night for his country at the Amex.
The Seagulls winger made his competitive debut for England under-21s in their dramatic 3-1 win over Switzerland.
England grabbed three goals in the last eight minutes with sub Duncan Watmore scoring one and making two.
But March also savoured a special occasion on home turf.
He told The Argus: “Since I have been at the club, almost four years now, quite a few things have happened. I’ve got into the first team, England, so it’s good.
“I just need to keep improving and hopefully I can get to the Premier League with Brighton. That would be the next thing.
“It was good to get a start for the 21s, to finally get some competitive game time for them in front of the home fans at my home ground. It was a good night.”
England boss Gareth Southgate was pleased with March. He said: “Solly did a good job for the team. For a debut it was one he could be satisfied with.”
Albion midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey went on for the closing stages to help England see out a win which could prove crucial in the race for the European finals next summer.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here