Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you sing the French National Anthem?

Would you sing the French National Anthem at Wembley?

• Yes

Votes: 101 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • I can't speak French, but I would chant along to the tune

Votes: 26 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I'm not sure what to expect from the England fans during the French National Anthem at Wembley tomorrow, but i'm mightily curious to find out and looking forward to what could be an unprecedented sporting gesture from one set of fans to another, and if done properly it could be immense. I won't be there, but if I were I would definitely have a go at singing it. I just wanted to get a rough idea, based on this poll, of what percentage of the crowd will sing it tomorrow.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't see why anyone wouldn't at least hum along although I'm sure they'll have the words on the big screens and/or the programme

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Can't see why anyone wouldn't at least hum along although I'm sure they'll have the words on the big screens and/or the programme

The FA have announced that the words will be displayed on the screens, and there are plans to turn Wembley into a giant French flag during the anthem.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yes, because they stand for the same things we do, freedom, democracy and equality. If singing their anthem shows in someway that we are united against those who try to destroy that, then when we should sing it.

Saying that, if you choose not to for whatever personal reason you have that would be fine as well as that is the freedom we all want to protect.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
In any other circumstance would be a no way!
But those horrible Muslim Extremists need to know we are all together in the fight against their twisted beliefs and even as an Englishman would happily hum along to the French national anthem to show my support and respect for those murdured in the name of their religion of 'peace'!!

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
A french friend in my local thanked people for their kind words today. I and everyone around wrre very touched by his humility . I would be very proud to sing along tothe best of my ability. Absolutely certain I would be forgiven for linguistic faux pas. Vive le France est vive le republique :bowdown:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I found this an unexpectedly difficult decision. My inclination was no but that would be silly really, it is the symbolism that is important so yes i would

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You've got to be a bit of a heartless **** to say no ! I spend a fair amont of time in France and they are amoungst the friendlist nation on the earth. Viva la France.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It is the best anthem in the world that puts our irrelevant boring dirge to shame.

If that's your opinion you shouldn't be using the word ' OUR '
Fair play if you like the French anthem and want to sing it, but please don't disrespect ours.

Regards Mr proud to be British, Newhaven.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here