Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Mobile Phone . . . Today's Must Have Fashion Accessory.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Mobile phones, we all have one don't we?, at least according to a recent survey over 90% of us do.

The question I am asking, is what sort of phone do you have?, and furthe more, do you have a contract fot he phone?, or like me, just for the sim? Perhaps it is pay as you go?

If it is on contract, which supplier do you favour?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have a ZTE phone thru Virgin, with a sim only rolling contract of £6 a month, that gives me unlimited texts, 250 minutes talk time and 1gb of data......high suits me fine.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Does for me, small contract with 200 mins, unlimited textuals and 1 bucket load of data. Champion.

img-thing.jpg

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I've had an iPhone5 for the last 3 or so years. When the contract expired I unlocked it and moved to PAYG on giffgaff. I pay £13 a month for 500mins, unlimited texts and 3gb data.

ive been thinking about getting a new phone but if I'm honest I don't really NEED one. This still does all I need it to and I'm fully aware I don't use nearly any of the features of it and don't use it to its full potential. Plus I can't justify tying myself into a 24 month contract at £35-40 a month just to get the latest handset.

When this breaks I might go get another contract but I'd much rather stick to PAYG and buy a new handset independently.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nexus 6p, rooted, chroma rom etc. £28 a month o2 unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 3gb data.

I was going to buy from giffgaff or outright but this deal was similar in overall cost and gave me way more data and calls.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've got an iPhone 6 with a sim-only contract.
Don't really need an iPhone 6 as a £100 Motorola job would do just fine.

I just like iPhone I guess?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought this might have been about the frightening number of dullards using their phone as a light in the Amex crowd tonight. If you did that and you're a grown adult give your head a wobble will you?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Always had an Iphone but never had a contract, have a sim only deal which gives me 600 mins 5gb data and unlimited texts for £7 a month. but never use up the data or calls so maybe need to downgrade it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lucky to get a Nokia on EE free from work provided not abused

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Always had an Iphone but never had a contract, have a sim only deal which gives me 600 mins 5gb data and unlimited texts for £7 a month. but never use up the data or calls so maybe need to downgrade it.

And your i-phone whatever number (?) cost how much?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looking to try out a windows phone next month. Always had Android. Just gone back to Giffgaff from Virgin

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Were the phone lights a comment on the lack of Lumens, failing to light up the pitch.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just inherited my mates 5s, had a 4s before. On giffgaff, trying their new top level (£20) unlimited minutes, texts and data. Pretty reasonable

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
LG3 - brilliant phone, got it for £200. Sim only, 600 mins, 2GB and unlimited texts. £11 from 3

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Looking to try out a windows phone next month. Always had Android. Just gone back to Giffgaff from Virgin

I own 2 Windows Phones. One for work and one for personal use. I love them. It might take a while to get used to the operating system but they are easy to use. what phone are you thinking of getting? Windows are releasing the new models (high end) in December.

scooter1

How soon is now?
iPhone 6 bought on ebay for £400 about a year ago, and have a sim only contract - 1000 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB of data with o2, £6 a month.
I don't think i'll ever go for a contract phone again as the deals just seem to get longer and longer, and I don't mind ponying up the cash for a phone every few years, as and when I fancy a change

Motorola G on £8 something a month contract via Utility Warehouse. More than enough calls, texts and mobile surfing of the mobile Global Interweb for me. Perfectly happy with my Motorola G, does all that I want/need it to do and will be buying whatever version of Motorola they are making when mine breaks down (had it 18 months at least) and not before.

Daughters keep banging on about getting iPhones, told them if they want to waste their own money on buying one that's fine but they as don't really use all the bells and whistles on the smart phones they have got (Nokia somethings) what is the point? Mrs P. happy with the phone which she has had for ages. It only makes and receives calls and texts - it may have a game on it as well, remember them?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here