Bands and drums. Fabulous

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
drum-emoticon.gif

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Joking aside, yes we do. I was at Anfield last weekend for Liverpool vs Palace and it was like a library, I was actually a bit embarrassed for them. Away at Huddersfield there was at least an atmosphere + singing by the home fans most of the match and they drowned us out. Palace sang non stop and showed Liverpool up on and off the pitch. I would rather be like Palace and a bit tinpot than like Liverpool with zero atmosphere apart from a massive cheer for a goal. Drums, flutes, brass section, the whole works for me / barmy army!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think I'd stop going to football if I were a Sheffield Wednesday fan. Their band actually makes me angry, it's like a Chinese water treatment to my ears and spoils what is going on on the pitch.

The OP is a Northerner so we have to give him some leeway :wink:

We do NOT need a fecking band at the Amex btw

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dave are you talking a military type band or a rock band. I would be happy with either pre match. I also like the singers either male or female so really any live entertainment for me.

Joking aside, yes we do. I was at Anfield last weekend for Liverpool vs Palace and it was like a library, I was actually a bit embarrassed for them. Away at Huddersfield there was at least an atmosphere + singing by the home fans most of the match and they drowned us out. Palace sang non stop and showed Liverpool up on and off the pitch. I would rather be like Palace and a bit tinpot than like Liverpool with zero atmosphere apart from a massive cheer for a goal. Drums, flutes, brass section, the whole works for me / barmy army!

Fine but please look who's the OP before including something like this, DtG doesn't need further encouragement.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
NOOOOO. I was at Burton Albion last weekend (don't ask, not my fault) and they have a drummer. Horrid. That said 2500 crowd sounded louder with it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fine but please look who's the OP before including something like this, DtG doesn't need further encouragement.

I wasn't going to mention that...lol

Seriously, we have tried the palace ultra song which was good until palace showed us how to do it, the load under the police box are noisy, but tend to be drowned out by the apathy around the ground....the ' were the north stand" chant has not had replies from the rest of the ground recently...or perhaps a token harrumph from the west stand.

We need the place rocking...this team deserve a fantastic atmosphere...how about the club giving out kazoos or perhaps tamborines ( anyone remember krispies banging his tamborine?)

Of course, we are all too fecking cool to have anything as vulgar as a band or drum...lets just carry on snoozing peacefully.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Do you sing non stop?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I misunderstood the OP and thought that he was suggesting pre match entertainment not during the game to encourage support., which incidentally a USA uni has examined and decided support doesnt affect the teams oerformance.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I wasn't going to mention that...lol

Seriously, we have tried the palace ultra song which was good until palace showed us how to do it, the load under the police box are noisy, but tend to be drowned out by the apathy around the ground....the ' were the north stand" chant has not had replies from the rest of the ground recently...or perhaps a token harrumph from the west stand.

We need the place rocking...this team deserve a fantastic atmosphere...how about the club giving out kazoos or perhaps tamborines ( anyone remember krispies banging his tamborine?)

Of course, we are all too fecking cool to have anything as vulgar as a band or drum...lets just carry on snoozing peacefully.

My god, I now have a terrible mental image that is highly unpleasant. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here