Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jeremy Corbyn 'not happy' with shoot-to-kill policy

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wonder if the Labour shadow cabinet and wider parliamentary party hide behind the sofa every time Jeremy has to do a serious political interview.

Edit. missed the previous post yes apparently they do.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Corbyn is just a niaive fool he probably thinks these Isis chaps just need a bit of love. Please don't let him anywhere near number 10

Dec 29, 2011
The alternative to Corbyn is...... a man that reduces tax for the most wealthy at a time when we have the largest debt in history, a man which cuts spending on the most vulnerable in society, a man who reduces the income for millions of families around the UK and say's were "all in it together", a man who condemns ISIS while at the same time supporting the countries who sponsor them, a man which cut subsidies for green energies and reduced tax for carbon emitting sectors.

And apparently Corbyn is the one who is bad news for this country because he didn't sing the National Anthem or bow low enough. It beggars belief :nono:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And apparently Corbyn is the one who is bad news for this country because he didn't sing the National Anthem or bow low enough. It beggars belief :nono:

Yeah...there's no pulling the wool over your eyes. Even though the thread title is about Corbyn's reluctance to sanction a shoot-to-kill policy and even though absolutely everybody else has replied in relation to this topic, you've seen through this subterfuge to the real issue that we're all just really miffed about - it's not about national security or a response to the very real threat of terorrism, we're just upset about not singing God Save The Queen.

:ffsparr:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The point I was more making was that you can shoot without shooting to kill. There are other options to just going for a head shot.

I am more than happy for us to take them out in anyway possible to stop an attack but killing will not alway be the answer and I think that is all he was trying to get across here!

Shoot to injure so they can still detonate ?? makes no sense. Taking them out is the only option

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Does seem harsh, though maybe campaigning to get terrorists freed, wanting to give the Falklands to the Argies, cosying up with Hamas, might add to the harshness of some peoples opinion of him.
Foot in mouth weekly now, face palms all round.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I don't like summary assasinations (with or without collateral damage) - I'd much prefer a proper trial. I don't like the security services having complete oversight of my life online. But if that's what it takes to contain and defeat these people, then I'll sign up for it. Not sure if there is any practical alternative. IMHO.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sure I heard Corbyn talking about izal earlier. Now that is something that needs eradication. Medicated toilet paper. ....my arse

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Jeremy Corbyn says he is "not happy" with UK police or security services operating a "shoot-to-kill" policy in the event of a terror attack.

The Labour leader told the BBC such an approach could "often be counter-productive".

He also declined to answer what he called the "hypothetical question" of whether he would ever back military intervention against extremists.

"I'm not saying I would or I wouldn't," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34832023

Trying to handcuff a heavily armed suicide bomber could prove tricky ......

The more this clown spouts out utterly pathetic comments like this will only serve to prove how grateful we should be that someone like him is not in charge of this country!
Having done that particular role for 3 years, comments like his are so insulting and inflammatory and stereotypical of those who have no concept of the stress and dedication needed to just get through the training. Then if the worst happens to have 1 maybe 2 seconds to take in all the factors and make a decision to pull the trigger....and then have wankers like him spend hours criticising it!!
Makes me sick that cvnts like him always have a sympathy for a terrorist or murderer no matter what they have done!

Dec 29, 2011
Does seem harsh, though maybe campaigning to get terrorists freed, wanting to give the Falklands to the Argies, cosying up with Hamas, might add to the harshness of some peoples opinion of him.
Foot in mouth weekly now, face palms all round.

I'm not getting into this again. Check my post history if you really care that much. Just going to say none of that is true, and you should really do some research before you form an opinion on someone who is leader of the opposition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm pleased Corbyn has said this.
Imagine where we'd be if other statesmen's world view was 'I really don't like violence, killings etc, and don't want that in my name'.

Had Blair thought that instead of 'listening to God', we might not be in this state now.

The problem arises from being in this mess, and us being Little old Britain.

So for me Jeremy, hate, loathe and despise 'shoot to kill' all you want, just don't ever take it away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here