• Not going

Votes: 37 56.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club are hoping for a record domestic attendance for a women's match when Charlton visit The Amex on Sunday 6th December.

The current record of 3,180 was set when Man City hosted Notts County last month.

Entry is free for season ticket holders, otherwise it is £4 for adults, £2 for under-18s and £10 for a family of four (two adults and two under-18s).

Are you going?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it is free to season ticket holders, can't they just activate all of our cards, and announce an 'attendance' of 21,000 anyway?... :jester:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's also after the Children's Christmas party.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Political correctness gone mad. Why play this fixture at the Amex when it's likely to attract a crowd less than 10% of the ground capacity? Pointless. Why not play it in a park in front of the usual one woman and her dog.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Political correctness gone mad. Why play this fixture at the Amex when it's likely to attract a crowd less than 10% of the ground capacity? Pointless. Why not play it in a park in front of the usual one woman and her dog.

Why play 4 or 5 development squad or FA youth cup matches at the Amex, which will also attract less than 10% of capacity?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The key thing that some seem to be missing is that this backs on to the kids xmas party. I'm hoping to take my 4 yr old to this if she's having a good time at the party - prob for only 20 mins but will be good for her to experience the Amex and a game so she knows a little what it will be like when she comes along to a mens' game. I also feel the fact it's our ladies playing is brilliant for young girls to see...

On a side note, I'd happily watch Albion women - same as our youth teams, if given the chance. Usually the fact I live a while away from Brighton or Lancing prevents me from doing so...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why play 4 or 5 development squad or FA youth cup matches at the Amex, which will also attract less than 10% of capacity?

Because they may become first team players and the experience will be good for them.

The women never will.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010

Fair point although I can't help but feel playing the women's game there is driven by political correctness whereas playing DS / youth games is to help familiarise those players with what it's like to play at the Amex should they break into the first team.

Because Tony Bloom wants it there, and as it's his he's allowed.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Fair point although I can't help but feel playing the women's game there is driven by political correctness whereas playing DS / youth games is to help familiarise those players with what it's like to play at the Amex should they break into the first team.

Where does 'political correctness' come into this? It's Brighton & Hove Albion; the home stadium is the Amex, whatever the gender.

I don't recall any mission statement saying that it was exclusively for men. 10,000 (after some pretty lousy marketing from Brighton and England) watching England Women play there might be testimony to that.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

No, it's down to rewarding the players who on top of having full time jobs, train 3 times a week and give up their Sundays without being paid a wage.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Where does 'political correctness' come into this? It's Brighton & Hove Albion; the home stadium is the Amex, whatever the gender.

I don't recall any mission statement saying that it was exclusively for men. 10,000 (after some pretty lousy marketing from Brighton and England) watching England Women play there might be testimony to that.

It's pure political correctness. No need to play the game at the Amex as there will not be anywhere near 30k there. A park with a capacity for a couple of hundred will suffice. It's a case of 'look at us aren't we good affording the women's game equal billing to the men's.'

I would say you are arguing against yourself by citing 10k for an international game as 'testimony.' That's a lousy attendance, less than 1 in 3 seats occupied. The attendance probably included 1901s.

Incidenty before it became the done thing to be 'into' women's football how many women's football features were there on the Albion roar?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Given one of the reasons that women's football isn't as popular as men's is that the FA banned the playing of women's football on member's grounds in 1921, it really should be played on those grounds now as often as possible in my opinion. Only seems reasonable.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Women football is much more popular on the continent and in the Americas we are behind and need to up our game. Let's build up and maybe they can go semi Proffisional next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here