Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warburtons Crumpet Ad

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A few observations here...

1. Crumpets are food of the gods. Either with butter/marmite or a good strong cheddar. If doing the latter, the pre-toasted crumpets need to go under the grill again to properly melt the cheese.
2. I'd previously commented on how largely insignificant British companies were getting big Hollywood names to do adverts for them. How much must they be paying.
3. The Muppets seems like an extension of the above. The Muppets are pretty big again, and just how much money is there in bread products?
4. Is the advert for jumbo crumpets of some sort? If so, just how big are they?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had crumpets for breakfast this morning. Love 'em with just butter.

Best advert I seen for ages. John Lewis and Sainsbury's can do one.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lots of big hitting crimbo adverts in I'm A Celeb tonight, the advertisers know where to place their ads these days, surprised by the fuss and investment over Crumpets, Warburtons must have come up with a way to make them even cheaper than before and feel they can steal the market. Also interesting to see Aunt Bessies sliding in to Iceland's place as main sponsors of the show, didn't think Aunt Bessies had the cash or the product range, unless ITV accepted less for the deal.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Saw this yesterday, one of the best ads I've seen. I loved the muppet show as a child.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
hqdefault.jpg

Crumpets!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
There is only one crumpet anyway and that's Warburtons. Any others are just a poor imitation. Watch out for the Anchor Spreadable ad. Also hilarious and also includes a crumpet, clearly an integral element in a funny ad!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There is only one crumpet anyway and that's Warburtons. Any others are just a poor imitation. Watch out for the Anchor Spreadable ad. Also hilarious and also includes a crumpet, clearly an integral element in a funny ad!
That's pretty much like saying Werthers is the only toffee manufacturer, other brands exist and have probably been around longer. I'm pretty sure the Warburtons brand/ company is a fairly recent expansion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Double post.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Have you seen the new series on Sky? The Swedish Chef singing Rappers Delight is the highlight so far.

Loving the new series and that bit in particular was brilliant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here