Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Lambert appointed new Blackburn manager

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
With a win ratio for Villa of less than 25%, and 98 goals scored in 101 games, it's exciting times for Blackburn!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did a good job at Norwich taking them through two divisions before he left and got replaced by Chris Hughton who fecked it all up and didn't lead those Premier League Giants Norwich to the Champion's League Final in the two seasons he was there :wink:

Did he get lucky at Norwich or are Aston Villa a complete basket case? I think he'll do OK

Jan 10, 2014
He accepted the job at Burnley in 2011 only to use us to get a pay rise and longer contract at Norwich.

15 months later he does a runner to Villa.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He accepted the job at Burnley in 2011 only to use us to get a pay rise and longer contract at Norwich.

15 months later he does a runner to Villa.

Never mind. You ended up with a much nicer bloke in Charge. Big Sean Dyche is a really nice bloke and very well liked at every club he played for. He was an absolute hero down at Millwall but he just struggled to stay injury free everywhere he went

Jan 10, 2014
Never mind. You ended up with a much nicer bloke in Charge. Big Sean Dyche is a really nice bloke and very well liked at every club he played for. He was an absolute hero down at Millwall but he just struggled to stay injury free everywhere he went

We got Brian Laws at the time, who is equally as nice a bloke but was just a crap manager for us. :)

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
Did a good job at Norwich taking them through two divisions before he left and got replaced by Chris Hughton who fecked it all up and didn't lead those Premier League Giants Norwich to the Champion's League Final in the two seasons he was there :wink:

Did he get lucky at Norwich or are Aston Villa a complete basket case? I think he'll do OK

Look at Villa's record after O'Neill left and you'll answer your question.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he will do a good job as Blackburn are 2 or 3 players and some organisation off of being a reasonable side and have the main ingredients a goalscorer and good goal keeper. He will have the contacts to bring in the 2 or 3 players required on loan.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that he will do a good job as Blackburn are 2 or 3 players and some organisation off of being a reasonable side and have the main ingredients a goalscorer and good goal keeper. He will have the contacts to bring in the 2 or 3 players required on loan.

You may be right. The Villa job was a poisoned chalice and was never going to work long term, as a whole list of recent managers have found out, McLeish, Lambert, Houllier, Sherwood et. al. amongst them.

Remi Garde will probably be no different.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was in his boots my first signings would be Liam Bridcutt and an experienced centre back to stop conceeding goals . The attack would be ok with Conway Marshalll and Rhodes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here