Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When work Christmas parties go wrong..

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Ever been to one that went a bit t*ts up? Either duff food, power cuts, or fights between staff?

I have been to one at the Old Ship in Brighton, where we had 3 or for tables in a large room, with other groups / firms..

Too much pre meal 'high spirits' turned into a mini food fight, tables over-turned, and minor fisticuffs.. shocking behaviours by the (senior) staff involved, and we were effectively banned from ever going again!

At another firm's party (this time at a different smaller hotel, Hove seafront way..), one female section head got quite catty towards another manager's (female) partner, ending in a lot of wine being spilt over her dress. Quite an eye opener, and awkward scenes for the rest of the night..

Moral of the story- don't get too drunk at parties..

PS- also wonder how hotel staff cope, with so many pished up folks, all in one place? Are any meals <ahem> tainted, if someone gives you grief?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Our 'do' this year has lots of potential. No formal meal as such, just hiring a local venue (pub function room) and staff being asked to cook/prepare wares provided by the company. I have a feeling the boss might get some stick for being a tightwad, that not enough food will get eaten to slow the effects of alcohol, that people will behave in a more 'laddish' way in a pub rather than in a restaurant, some people may drift off to other venues nearby etc.. Dis Arse Ter dahling.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
they are usually where you find out who's been shagging who......only to find there is a common denominator......avoid at all costs !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wasn't there, but was involved the aftermath. At my last place of work one department had a secret santa as part of their evening. Cue ceremonial opening of gifts in front of everyone, one by one. The head of department naturally leaves his until the end, opens his pressie to find a mug, with his picture printed on it......plus the words 'I am a ****' underneath (for avoidance of doubt and NSC sweary filter, it was the C bomb). Full investigation etc etc........

Wasn't Xmas, best personal experience was in Jersey when as cricket league winners our team was invited to the presentation dinner (full penguin suit job at a posh hotel). We got absolutely hammered before we got there, threw food at a neighbouring table and one of our number (our Indian wicket keeper) stood on the table and shouted 'you fukcing racist wakner' at the after dinner speaker - Brian Close - when he started slagging off the sub continent). Next Monday morning we were all marched into the Island Director's office for the most hilarious bollocking I have ever had in my life (full-on sniggering all along the line). He'd had written complaints from the hotel, the sponsors, Brian Close's agent, and, funniest of all, our bank-retained lawyers. Turns out they were the targets of our luzzed potatoes and they knew who we were. Oops.

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I wasn't there, but was involved the aftermath. At my last place of work one department had a secret santa as part of their evening. Cue ceremonial opening of gifts in front of everyone, one by one. The head of department naturally leaves his until the end, opens his pressie to find a mug, with his picture printed on it......plus the words 'I am a ****' underneath (for avoidance of doubt and NSC sweary filter, it was the C bomb). Full investigation etc etc........

Wasn't Xmas, best personal experience was in Jersey when as cricket league winners our team was invited to the presentation dinner (full penguin suit job at a posh hotel). We got absolutely hammered before we got there, threw food at a neighbouring table and one of our number (our Indian wicket keeper) stood on the table and shouted 'you fukcing racist wakner' at the after dinner speaker - Brian Close - when he started slagging off the sub continent). Next Monday morning we were all marched into the Island Director's office for the most hilarious bollocking I have ever had in my life (full-on sniggering all along the line). He'd had written complaints from the hotel, the sponsors, Brian Close's agent, and, funniest of all, our bank-retained lawyers. Turns out they were the targets of our luzzed potatoes and they knew who we were. Oops.

If you can't luzz potatoes in Jersey where can you!?

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
i went to one as the boss where one of the staff told his supervisor she was sh*t.. when we got back to work she wanted a meeting. he asked me should he apologise.. I said is she sh*t he said yes I then asked if he thought the works do was the best place to tell her. he replied no. so I said apologise for where you said it but not what you said..never heard and more and yes she was sh*t

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Many years ago, I went to a Christmas party where the wife of eth senior partner was getting seriously hammered. She started arguing with her husband, getting louder and louder and eventually flounced out the room in a huff.

10 minutes later I was standing by the table and I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and she was stood next to me completely starkers apart from pair of pants on. I was only young and thought bloody hell....there then followed a huge kerfuffle with her husband charging through the dance floor and grabbed her and dragged her out of the room, with loads of people training in their wake.

It was never mentioned at work again, as we were told that if it was to get out, there would be sackings.

A couple of years ago a maintenance manager at a top hotel in London, abused the CEO and punched three holes in the wall of the room we were allocated. That was a brilliant night. One girl doing the dirty dancing move with her husband, ran at him, he picked her up, toppled over and threw her into the DJ and his decks and was carted off to hospital having being knocked out.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Went to one at the Bedford hotel, run by local character and councillor Alfred Feld. Booked it as the "BT Linesmen". Before the meal, in the bar one of the chaps mad some derogatory comments about a picture of his wife, which she happened to be sitting under. Then during the meal there was a bit of argy-bargy with some false teeth salesmen (one of our lot was accused of being more interesting to thier women). Back in the bar afterwards, someone let go the most disgusting fart I've ever smelt and we were all thrown out. We were told never to set foot in there again.
The following year we booked it as "Vine Street Social Club"

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Went to one at the Bedford hotel, run by local character and councillor Alfred Feld. Booked it as the "BT Linesmen". Before the meal, in the bar one of the chaps mad some derogatory comments about a picture of his wife, which she happened to be sitting under. Then during the meal there was a bit of argy-bargy with some false teeth salesmen (one of our lot was accused of being more interesting to thier women). Back in the bar afterwards, someone let go the most disgusting fart I've ever smelt and we were all thrown out. We were told never to set foot in there again.
The following year we booked it as "Vine Street Social Club"

Top work for getting kicked out of somewhere for farting!!!! haha

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
Went to a party at a bar, everything was going well until a security man came over and told us all to get out. We were shocked as we thought we were all well behaved. Turns out when one of the group went outside for a cig he started dancing in front of the guards in a suggestive manner and started a fight with them.

Went to another party at a bar. Everything was fine, it was a little quiet at the time because it was a little early still. But this meant everyone could just chill. The SAME guy from ^ that story decided to leave, we assumed he was just going outside for a smoke, he wasn't drunk yet so thought he wouldn't get in trouble this time. He comes back in with a full bag of chips and kebab he got from the takeaway and proceeds to eat it in the middle of the dancefloor :facepalm:

Went to a party at a bar, everything was going well until a security man came over and told us all to get out. We were shocked as we thought we were all well behaved. Turns out when one of the group went outside for a cig he started dancing in front of the guards in a suggestive manner and started a fight with them.

Went to another party at a bar. Everything was fine, it was a little quiet at the time because it was a little early still. But this meant everyone could just chill. The SAME guy from ^ that story decided to leave, we assumed he was just going outside for a smoke, he wasn't drunk yet so thought he wouldn't get in trouble this time. He comes back in with a full bag of chips and kebab he got from the takeaway and proceeds to eat it in the middle of the dancefloor :facepalm:

crazy!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Old job, staff from a smaller company in London we'd just bought were brought over. One was summarily dismissed the next morning for asking the CTO where to get cocaine; vomiting his guts up over a table and then trying to break down the door of the hotel room one of his female colleagues was sleeping in.

For the first one he should have asked the sales director, to be fair...

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Neve rhad anything too bad to be fair. But some very dull

3 years ago they thought it woul dbe a good idea to do an auction and have a few things for charity. Everyone thought it would be OK and give a chance to get something cheape. Cue the directors getting trollied and thinking they were being top blokes for giving to charity. They bought everything in a cringe worthy manner happily gong from a start price of £10 to £1000 while a couple of hundred other people watched and lost respect. It went on for 2 hours, in which time we managed to drink through the tab that was set up and then leave. By the end of the auction about twnety people remained and then had to cancel the other events they had booked for the evening

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Classic.

Jan 30, 2008
CHRISTMAS PARTY'S, when everyone wants to be your mate for the evening , NO THANKS ,TWO FACED BITCH FEST SPRINGS TO MIND:glare:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here