Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: Burnley will show us our "our level"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed ? Is Burnley on the telly the marker ?

Hughton was on 5 Live this morning discussing Rep of Ireland's chances. There was one question about the Albion. Upshot...

- Burnley will show us "our level"
- "disappointed" - not more wins
- Surprised to be more than "challengers"

Full text...A few draws in [the unbeaten run]..and it gives us a good marker of where we are but we were disappointed we didn't turn some of those draws into wins..I think from where we started the season we wanted to be challengers...Our expectations weren't to be where we are. There's some very strong teams around us. We've a very tough game away to Burnley next sunday and i think that will be some indication of where we are , and our level

via http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06p0x3s (from 42mins in)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed ? Is Burnley on the telly the marker ?

Hughton was on 5 Live this morning discussing Rep of Ireland's chances. There was one question about the Albion. Upshot...

- Burnley will show us "our level"
- "disappointed" - not more wins
- Surprised to be more than "challengers"

Full text...
"A few draws in that..and it gives us a good marker of where we are but we were disappointed we didn't turn some of those draws into wins..I think from where we started the season we wanted to be challengers...Our expectations weren't to be where we are. There's some very strong teams around us. We've a very tough game away to Burnley next sunday and i think that will be some indication of where we are , and our level

via http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06p0x3s (from 42mins in)

He's never anything other than 100% honest and calls it like it is. We're lucky to have him. Not sure the game in isolation will be a marker - the run of games we're in will show where we are - get the Christmas and still be top two and we're in fantastic shape.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not a happy hunting ground for us, they are on a very strong run, we are all aware that we are a bit goal shy, they were playing United/Chelsea/Arsenal recently so little old Brighton's unbeaten record will not faze them in the slightest. I feel a draw will be a positive result for us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wouldn't be concerned if we lost, provided that the two following home matches were victories.

Obviously I'd rather we didn't though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You never know, perhaps we'll show Burnley their level too.

Agreed. After all Burnley have lost twice, at home to Reading, and 2-0 away to Ipswich. They also *only* beat MK Dons at home 2-1, drew 1-1 away to Leeds and didn't beat Derby, Birmingham, Forest or Wolves.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Indeed. Only lost 1 of our last 6 away at Burnley, and 3 draws, 2 wins

Burnley v Brighton head-2-head

Only won once at their place in the last 13 years (doing my best commentator boxxocks trying to cover my tracks).

OK, OK, I take it back, I just feel as though we do not do well there, the stats do not really back me up, and usually don't as I do not commit results to long term memory.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Only won once at their place in the last 13 years (doing my best commentator boxxocks trying to cover my tracks).

OK, OK, I take it back, I just feel as though we do not do well there, the stats do not really back me up, and usually don't as I do not commit results to long term memory.
Pretty certain that Zamora scored on that day ???

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He's never anything other than 100% honest and calls it like it is. We're lucky to have him. Not sure the game in isolation will be a marker - the run of games we're in will show where we are - get the Christmas and still be top two and we're in fantastic shape.

Exactly this, the keyword is 'honest'. No bulls*it about our expectations. This game in its 'isolation' might not be a definitive marker but will, especially if the result is positive, show to us all that we are there by merit. And not just a run of fortunate results. Bring it on! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here