Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham for Beckham

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Dad David was taken off during the Unisef 7 game at Old Trafford and son Brooklyn came on to replace him. A few minutes later Dad came back on and they played together on the hallowed turf of Man Utd. It must have been a dream come to for David. And John Terry got booed all through the game. As much as I dislike the guy give him credit for at least playing.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I don't think His son had any right being there load of old bxxlox

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Dad David was taken off during the Unisef 7 game at Old Trafford and son Brooklyn came on to replace him. A few minutes later Dad came back on and they played together on the hallowed turf of Man Utd. It must have been a dream come to for David. And John Terry got booed all through the game. As much as I dislike the guy give him credit for at least playing.

Nice to see David giving his son a helping hand in to the family publicity business. The International exposure should do the lad all power of good for Brooklyn's future marketing opportunities. It's just odd that none of the other renowned players on that pitch did the same for their sons too ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think His son had any right being there load of old bxxlox

It was going to be Terry Wogan but his £10 K fee was deemed excessive.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I heard that Victoria wanted to get on the pitch too but she was only offered the role as a goalpost... she got cold feet and pulled out when she realised there would have to be another goalpost just 8 yards away.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
In Beckhams position most would have done the same. I am sure many dads on here have done similar or proudly played with their sons in a competitive cricket or football match albeit a lower level but not a charity game.
True but He should have shown more class It was supposed to be about kids in need not the Beckham road show

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Especially after Arsenal released him from their books last year.

Interesting that Rio Ferdinand wasn't there when you consider he was supposed to partner John Terry at the back

He had an injury so couldnt play. Some people will never accept anything, why all the anti Beckham he has publusized a good cause just be thankful that somebody wants to do something.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
He had an injury so couldnt play. Some people will never accept anything, why all the anti Beckham he has publusized a good cause just be thankful that somebody wants to do something.
But it wasn't for free was it His son got o play with all those players I thinks it's shameful

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
True but He should have shown more class It was supposed to be about kids in need not the Beckham road show

Brooklyn IS a kid in need, he needs photo opportunities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here