Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas Fair at the Amex

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I went and really enjoyed it. The Harveys Ale tasting went down very well, accompanied by some excellent bites of Harveys Mince Pie and Harveys Christmas Pud. We bought a pud for Christmas Day as tasted really good. I think they had a wine tasting later but Iittle grand Earle was not in the mood sadly! Sampled a lot of cheeses and some excellent chutneys. Also some chilli flavoured sauces and marmalades good too. Had a couple of shots of toffee vodka - 39% proof I think.

I would say no tat at all. Everything was very high quality including other food/ sweets like Turkish Delight, and kids clothing, decorations and plenty of other stuff. Allow at least a couple of hours as it's spread all over the West Stand. Restaurant or cafe options available.

Warning: Take plenty of cash with you. It's £5 each to get in, cash only, and practically everything is cash only as nobody could get a signal for their card machines. You will be temped to buy stuff, if not, your missus will!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's £5 to get in and I expect it's dozens of people giving you the hard sell like the wedding fairs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I went and really enjoyed it. The Harveys Ale tasting went down very well, accompanied by some excellent bites of Harveys Mince Pie and Harveys Christmas Pud. We bought a pud for Christmas Day as tasted really good. I think they had a wine tasting later but Iittle grand Earle was not in the mood sadly! Sampled a lot of cheeses and some excellent chutneys. Also some chilli flavoured sauces and marmalades good too. Had a couple of shots of toffee vodka - 39% proof I think.

I would say no tat at all. Everything was very high quality including other food/ sweets like Turkish Delight, and kids clothing, decorations and plenty of other stuff. Allow at least a couple of hours as it's spread all over the West Stand. Restaurant or cafe options available.

Warning: Take plenty of cash with you. It's £5 each to get in, cash only, and practically everything is cash only as nobody could get a signal for their card machines. You will be temped to buy stuff, if not, your missus will!

Thanks for that.....how is the marketing job at christmasfairs.com going ? [emoji2] Doesn't sound so bad.......

Jul 7, 2003
Hadn't realised this was on and thought I'd pop into the club shop yesterday. Approaching from the West, the queues up the slip road were worse than on a matchday so I just drove on to Lewes instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here