Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little known, but totally useless local facts.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Swift sports in Grand Parade, Brighton has four of the seats in it from the former Palladium Cinema, which closed in 1956 and was demolished in 1960. The Brighton Centre now exists on the site. Swift sports must be one of the longest running independent shops in Brighton & Hove. They commenced trading in the 50's and are closing next year, due to retirement. Always sad to see an independent close. I remember buying football kit there as a kid, although I haven't bought much there since.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sussex was one of the last places in Britain to become Christain, due to the sea in the south, near impenetrable forest to the north, and marshes to the east and west.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The average length of the penis in Brighton is appx 6 inches. The average depth of the vagina in Brighton is 8 appx inches.
This means there is appx 5.2 miles of spare clacker knocking about Brighton.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Winston Churchill went to school at the top of the road where I was brought up, Brunswick Road.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If you go to Devil's Dyke ON A CLEAR DAY taking a 6ft stepladder, you can see my aunt's chimney.

Does that take into account if you are 6ft 6, 5ft 8 or a midget?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Aldrington station once had a spur line running up to Devils Dyke (or the Brighton & Hove 9 hole GC). Fact. Once Kemp Town had it's own station. That's why the bingo hall on the Freshfield industrial estate has a loco as advertising.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hold your horses there. Neither Luton, Slough, nor Eastbourne are cities.

The list below shows the most populous urban areas in the United Kingdom as defined by the Office for National Statistics (ONS), but as readily referenced at Citypopulation.de. The list includes all urban areas with a population in excess of 100,000 at the 2011 census.[3]

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Aldrington station once had a spur line running up to Devils Dyke (or the Brighton & Hove 9 hole GC). Fact. Once Kemp Town had it's own station. That's why the bingo hall on the Freshfield industrial estate has a loco as advertising.

I never knew that little known fact but it makes sense. Do you know where the line was? I know the route from the Downsman pub and assumed it came up from (West Hove and) Portslade Station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here