Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
RIP. Great actor was Warren.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I wonder if they will show any episodes of Till Death, doubt it. His great nephew has tweeted he was 'the last of his generation'. My generation I'm sometimes embarrassed to say. Different times.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if they will show any episodes of Till Death, doubt it. His great nephew has tweeted he was 'the last of his generation'. My generation I'm sometimes embarrassed to say. Different times.

Why are you embarrassed. Jesus I wondered how long it would take. Ffs tell him someone.

Why are you embarrassed. Jesus I wondered how long it would take. Ffs tell him someone.

All of us liberal leftie apologists for anti-racism are just sitting here waiting to defend Till Death Us Do Part from the folk who think that "it couldn't possibly be shown these days", when we all know that what TV really needs is more of this sort of thing.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Loved him as Gregory in 'The Poetry Society' episode of Hancock's Half Hour. A great actor. RIP.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I saw him in the starring role in the London West End theatre as Willy Loman in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman. Fantastic play and performance. There was so much more to him than Alf Garnett. A great actor.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone want to bet how many whoosh posts there will be ? (tip - don't bet less than 2)

RIP

Till Death Us Do Part probably one of the best ever TV Comedy series but the PC Brigade wouldnt allow it now.

It's the people who have NO idea about political correctness who wouldn't allow it now. TDUDP is one of the most genuinely politically correct programmes ever.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The noble Lord above is right. Alf Garnet was so ridiculous that he "sent up" racism,, in a funny way. If you could not see that ,then it would seem wrong.

Warren Mitchel was , as has been said , a versatile actor who could do so much more RIP.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The noble Lord above is right. Alf Garnet was so ridiculous that he "sent up" racism,, in a funny way. If you could not see that ,then it would seem wrong.

Warren Mitchel was , as has been said , a versatile actor who could do so much more RIP.

Absolutely right, Warren Mitchell was far far more than just Alf Garnet.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I saw him in the starring role in the London West End theatre as Willy Loman in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman. Fantastic play and performance. There was so much more to him than Alf Garnett. A great actor.

I was about to post this. He was magnificent in Death of a Salesman. It was a long time ago, but it is one of a few theatrical performances that I have seen that has stayed with me.

And he was brilliant as Alf Garnett.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I saw an interview years ago with Nina baden semper of love thy neighbour fame (for those of you too young she was the black wife in a comedy about a black family living next door to a white family and the two Dads didnt get on but had a misguided mutual respect for each other) .When she was asked about the racism in it she said it was depicting the black and white characters as bigots by calling each other names and they were made to look extremely stupid , and the general public were not idiots and could see this.
I think this summed the show up ,ok it was the 70s , but it made you cringe what they said sometimes along with their ridiculous views and it also made you look at racism yourself whether you were white or black as an ignorant part of that era without someone lecturing you .I think till death us do part was a similar case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here