Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion likely to bide time with Harper - but they like what they see [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion are likely to bide their time with Jack Harper – despite an eye-catching performance at the Amex.
But the manager overseeing his progress with the Seagulls under-21s has highlighted the midfielder’s work ethic and desire to learn.
The ‘Kid from Madrid’ scored a brilliant goal and played 64 minutes for the development squad in a stylish cup win over Norwich at the Amex on Thursday.
His performance immediately sparked debate among fans as to when he would be called up for the first team.
But under-21s boss Simon Rusk has offered a considered assessment of where the former Real Madrid youngster stands after two starts and his first goal.

Rusk told The Argus: “Jack is finding his feet, he is finding his fitness, he is finding his sharpness.“He took his goal excellently and he showed some really intelligent, bright play.
“I said to him after the game that defending is a part of the game he will have to pay attention to but he knows that.
“I must say on the training ground I’ve enjoyed working with him. He is a very astute character and he wants to get better, which is the most important thing “He had a nasty injury and was out for a long time so we won’t be rushing him into anything.
“He needs to gradually build on his sharpness with every game he plays.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here