• Incompetent

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Bent

Votes: 48 64.9%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
As he has been vice President of the International Association of Athletics Federations since 2007 and apparently had no idea what was going on, which do you think he is, Incompetent or Bent ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As he has been vice President of the International Association of Athletics Federations since 2007 and apparently had no idea what was going on, which do you think he is, Incompetent or Bent ?

Not sure but I'm struggling to see how he can now stay in his position especially with his job at Nike.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009

The system is to blame,Seb Coe needed the votes of Russia in order to get elected so he had to be careful with his criticisms.Hopefully now he is in a position of power he can crack down on drug abuse.The trouble with the I.A.A.F and F.I.F.A is that once your in the organisation you can't help but be tainted but I would be surprised if he was bent.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Neither, he is one of the few decent, honest people at the top of international sport. He is in an impossible situation but the worst you could say he is naive and hopefully for the op sake not litigious :wink:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Poll needs a 'neither' option. I would trust him. As mentioned though, once in with these organisations it must be so easy to be handed brown envelopes and think it's more money than I earn in a decade.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Neither, he is one of the few decent, honest people at the top of international sport. He is in an impossible situation but the worst you could say he is naive and hopefully for the op sake not litigious :wink:

I did think about it before i posted, but no namby pamby fence sitting here - you only live once !

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Coe was made IAAF vice president 8 years ago. If he didn't blow the whistle he was ignoring what went on, in on it or at best was asleep on the job. In my opinion he's tainted. Just because he's English doesn't mean he's automatically straight

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Coe was made IAAF vice president 8 years ago. If he didn't blow the whistle he was ignoring what went on, in on it or at best was asleep on the job. In my opinion he's tainted.

Add in the Nike conflict of interest and he has to go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The system is to blame,Seb Coe needed the votes of Russia in order to get elected so he had to be careful with his criticisms.Hopefully now he is in a position of power he can crack down on drug abuse.The trouble with the I.A.A.F and F.I.F.A is that once your in the organisation you can't help but be tainted but I would be surprised if he was bent.

So it is the system that is to blame.

Bit like the banking system was to blame for the credit crunch and not the poor senior bankers who were left holding the parcel when the music stopped. They probably weren't bent or incompetent either :smile:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Neither, he is one of the few decent, honest people

Didn't he pay for his mistress, with whom he had a ten year affair, to have an abortion?

He was also very friendly with then opposition leader William Hague whilst Chief of Staff. They were inseparable apparently.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Former Chairman of the FIFA ethics committee - he resigned - make of that what you will. If Lamine Diack was a dictator / president of the IAAF what input would any vice-president really have - he has bided his time and must now be judged by his actions in the coming weeks and months.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Didn't he pay for his mistress, with whom he had a ten year affair, to have an abortion?

He was also very friendly with then opposition leader William Hague whilst Chief of Staff. They were inseparable apparently.

If true surely any decent chap is allowed an occasional mistress? And generous too! In the age of equality they should have gone halves on the cost *tut*

Your second line is beautifully worded you won't be needing to share the op's lawyer after all :D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If true surely any decent chap is allowed an occasional mistress? And generous too! In the age of equality they should have gone halves on the cost *tut*

Typical of a modern woman. CLAIMS they want equality but when the chips are down expect us chaps to pay for the finer things in life.

Your second line is beautifully worded you won't be needing to share the op's lawyer after all :D

I don't know what you could possibly mean JC :angel: All I meant is that Coe was Hague's right hand man.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
I voted Bent knows where the goal is . Seb Coe is too old ( did he ever play football?)and I've never heard of Incompetent, who does he play for?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here