Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vaz te - could have done a job?

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34810507

Championship strugglers Charlton Athletic have signed former Bolton and West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te on a deal until the end of the season.
The 29-year-old was a free agent after leaving Turkish side Akhisar Belediyespor in the summer.
The former Portugal Under-23 international scored 19 goals in 61 appearances for the Hammers before leaving Upton Park in January.
He has also had spells with Greek club Panionios, Hibernian and Barnsley.
Charlton are 22nd in the Championship table, one point from safety, with Karel Fraeye in interim charge following the sacking of Guy Luzon last month.
Vaz Te could make his debut against Birmingham on Saturday, 21 November.

In our evident need of a goal scorer, could he have been a potential option?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested him many times and the experts on here said he wasnt good enough and his record showed that he didnt score many goals plus he has been a free agent since June.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I suggested him many times and the experts on here said he wasnt good enough and his record showed that he didnt score many goals plus he has been a free agent since June.

Haven't the 'experts' been proved correct then? Given that Charlton are struggling in this division this season.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
How he only signed today so hasnt played yet and as such has had no affect on their previous results.

Given that several teams in this division require a striker and only third bottom Charlton have taken him on I'd suggest he wasn't that highly sought after.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
L
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34810507

Championship strugglers Charlton Athletic have signed former Bolton and West Ham striker Ricardo Vaz Te on a deal until the end of the season.
The 29-year-old was a free agent after leaving Turkish side Akhisar Belediyespor in the summer.
The former Portugal Under-23 international scored 19 goals in 61 appearances for the Hammers before leaving Upton Park in January.
He has also had spells with Greek club Panionios, Hibernian and Barnsley.
Charlton are 22nd in the Championship table, one point from safety, with Karel Fraeye in interim charge following the sacking of Guy Luzon last month.
Vaz Te could make his debut against Birmingham on Saturday, 21 November.

In our evident need of a goal scorer, could he have been a potential option?

It is only Chris Hughtons opinion I care about,
he seems to be doing more than ok to me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is now available again having torn us apart at The Amex. Charlton obviously used him to cover Vetokele injury. What would he cost on a 4 month contract not a lot in wages but could be useful on the bench. Was he at West Ham with BZ?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
He is now available again having torn us apart at The Amex. Charlton obviously used him to cover Vetokele injury. What would he cost on a 4 month contract not a lot in wages but could be useful on the bench. Was he at West Ham with BZ?

you want us to sign every "has been" that is way beyond there best years and on a free transfer.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Its just a lot of them are well past their.sell by date and.not good enough for a side challenging.for promotion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here