Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Friday night drinking thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Out with the likes of [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION], [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and others for a beer/football thing followed by a curry.

So: cider of some sort (not sure that the pub sells) unless it's only Strongbow on offer and then I'll need a Plan B followed by Tiger/Cobra/Kingfisher.

How will you be celebrating the end of the week and the strong likelihood that the Albion will go at least another week unbeaten?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Have a Trouble Brewing special pumpkin beer open in front of me - was reduced as its past its marketing peak date for the year obviously. Have a bottle of Powers Three Swallows I intend to open later on.

It'll probably be whatever's in the fridge between those, though - Estrella or Carlsberg cans from a bulk purchase at the local shops.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
A rather nice bottle of Shepherd Neame's Master Brew ... toffee, hoppy, dry, bitter and fruity.
Sounds like the seven dwarfs, but tastes rather better :)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bottle of Rioja Reserva followed by the greatest supermarket own brand alcoholic drink Aldi specially selected Irish Cream

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My week has largely consisted of work and taxi driving for various relies.

So, have dropped most junior PG and friend in Barcombe for Explorer Scout night hike, safe in the knowledge that a.n. other parent has drawn the return trip short straw, and settled down to the footie with a bottle of decent Sauvignon to wash down the Spinach/Ricotta pizza.

PG

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cup of tea with almond milk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I know, I know.
It is my first ever, and in fairness it's not as bad as I thought.

I've been full of throaty wheezy coughing shite for over a week now, which has kept me off the bike.
(you don't want to know what I coughed up on the first climb today)

So I figured I ought to cut back on dairy for a bit and hope I can shift the lurgy quicker.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I know, I know.
It is my first ever, and in fairness it's not as bad as I thought.

I've been full of throaty wheezy coughing shite for over a week now, which has kept me off the bike.
(you don't want to know what I coughed up on the first climb today)

So I figured I ought to cut back on dairy for a bit and hope I can shift the lurgy quicker.

Oh good, I thought this was a regular thing. I think I'd rather just drink the tea without any milk though.

Oh and you're right, I don't want to know :)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A Golden Draak (courtesy of vegster) a St Barnardus 10 and strangely enough 2 very large glasses of Baileys. Now to doze off during the football. Strange staying in on a Friday.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Louis Jadot 2014 Macon Villages, chased up with a cheap red! :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports