Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League allow Cellino back at Leeds

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm all for laughing at the Keystone Kops of English football, but the FL has once again shown the backbone of a jellyfish (for previous evidence see the file called QPR and FFP) in allowing Cellino to resume at Leeds on appeal.

I seem to remember them being equally insipid when a Mr Archer controlled a football club too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm all for laughing at the Keystone Kops of English football, but the FL has once again shown the backbone of a jellyfish (for previous evidence see the file called QPR and FFP) in allowing Cellino to resume at Leeds on appeal.

I seem to remember them being equally insipid when a Mr Archer controlled a football club too.
Yes, but just because somebody was dishonest/convicted criminal/not fit and proper or whatever yesterday, surely that can't be held against them today? Dash it, if the chap's got enough money to buy a football club, he must be a decent sort really............

reigate

Nov 10, 2005

What is the latest on QPR? Did they ever get a fine?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What is the latest on QPR? Did they ever get a fine?

It's all gone very quiet. Suspect £1,000 an hour lawyers are arguing the finer points of the FFP rules whilst QPR continue to play on unaffected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here