Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bos-Herze v Ireland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm torn. I've not really been a fan of the RoI football team ever since ITV forced them down our throats as "the British team" in the 1994 world cup. A country that actively chose NOT to be British. Fair play to them and all that, but we didn't need interviews from the Oyreland training camp every five minutes featuring their tiresome assortment of plastic Paddys.

On the other hand, it really would be rather special to have every single team from these islands in the Euros next year, except Scotland. :lolol:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Well I have an Irish Mother (sadly no longer with us), two siblings born in Ireland and many many Irish Cousins.

Come on Bosnia H.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The tournament will be all the richer for having the Irish fans there.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Never been to Ireland but I have been to Bosnia and had a great time so I'm going with them

download

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The tournament will be all the richer for having the Irish fans there.

They are always pretty impressive. I remember in the last tournament they were in and one of the pundits (I think it was Roy Keane) getting rather annoyed with all the comments of how great they were and saying he would rather they were silent and the team performed.

On a side note, I have always had rather a soft spot for Ireland. Whenever I have been there (Dad worked there for a few years so travlled there a bit) they have always been incredibly friendly. It's also easier to like most of their players rather than the arrogant dross we get served up with

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'd no more want Ireland to win (or lose) than France, who are much closer to me geographically.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Because only Irish people know how to enjoy themselves you see. They even have a SPECIAL word for it - the craic. Lovely people to a man.

Haven't you seen Titanic? Whilst the English people were being nasty despite enormous wealth, the Irish were below deck in the cheap bits, fiddly-diddly singing and dancing and even having josh-tastic fights. That's the craic right there - nobody else in the world has such a capability to enjoy themselves.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As ever, my pocket will dictate my allegiance.

Given that ROI lost away to the Scotch, Have no Walters or O'Shea and are against an in form Bosnia team, I've backed Bosnia to win (was evens, think they've gone odds on). Dzecko (sp) also has a great scoring record and is worth a small dabble at first goal scorer. ROI have a habit of getting beat in these matches and today will be no exception.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Because only Irish people know how to enjoy themselves you see. They even have a SPECIAL word for it - the craic. Lovely people to a man.

Haven't you seen Titanic? Whilst the English people were being nasty despite enormous wealth, the Irish were below deck in the cheap bits, fiddly-diddly singing and dancing and even having josh-tastic fights. That's the craic right there - nobody else in the world has such a capability to enjoy themselves.

No you are exaggerating, but only a bit...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here