Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gig goers, O2 advice needed

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Just bagged me a pair of ticket for ELO next April at the O2.

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel to use ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'm going to the Dublin concert :)

I'd suggest going onto bookings.com and bag the nearest one that allows you to cancel just before the date. You can then keep searching for better deals after that.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
We went to the O2 earlier this year and stayed in this hotel in Stratford. Great hotel, reasonable cost and ideal location. 2 minutes walk away from Stratford station and Westfield shopping centre ( fantastic shopping even for someone like me ) and 5 minutes from the Olympic Stadium and park. Direct line ( Jubilee ) to North Greenwich ( O2 ) only 3 or 4 stops. Brighton - London Bridge, London Bridge Underground - Stratford. Very simple.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-3099-ibis-london-stratford/index.shtml

Gary Hart's Stalker

Jul 17, 2013
Gary Hart's Bush
I stayed at the Ramada Hotel and Suites London Docklands. Reasonably priced. Lovely walk along the waterfront and got the Emirates cable car thing over the river direct to the O2. Just watch your time for the 'flight' back as we just made the last one!

Or there was a rather fancy Yacht hotel nearby if you wanted to splash out!

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
There's a Radisson Blu at Providence Wharf that often gives good prices in advance. Relatively easy to reach the O2 although you need to take the underground to do so.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
thanks.
Looking at price/availability we might end up driving.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just bagged me a pair of ticket for ELO next April at the O2.

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel to use ?

Several in and around Canary Wharf from cheapish (IBIS for example) through to extremely expensive. All very close (one tube stop). Anyway, thanks for the heads up, didn't know they were playing will take a look

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Several in and around Canary Wharf from cheapish (IBIS for example) through to extremely expensive. All very close (one tube stop). Anyway, thanks for the heads up, didn't know they were playing will take a look

All UK tickets pretty much sold out but they added 23/4 which might still be available on the02.com

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
thanks.
Looking at price/availability we might end up driving.

When we went to see Fleetwood Mac we got there in the morning and parked at the O2 (we were paying for the parking anyway) and walked along to Greenwich, had a day out there - then walked back for the concert. Made the parking seem like a bargain.

Jan 21, 2012
Got my tickets for ELO at the O2 too. I'm going to book in to the Union Jack Club for the night (being ex military) and then we can potter around London the day after. I was looking at going straight to the Charlton away game (because we will already be up that way) but not sure if they would be happy with us taking a little suit case in with us :)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Thanks - yep still available for 23/4 :clap2::clap:

No probs. I got mine presale on Wednesday but it looked a lot easier to buy on theo2.com than on ticketmaster or live nation.

There's lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth about the amount of tickets already appearing on getmein etc at inflated prices.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Booked for Saturday 23rd - if the **ssers at Sky don't mess us around it'll be brilliant - Charlton away (sealing promotion with a thumping win), then 30 mins walk over to the O2.........top day out :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here