Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jihadi john dead?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34805924

US forces have carried out an air strike targeting the Islamic State group militant "Jihadi John", with a "high degree of certainty" he was hit.

Mohammed Emwazi, the Kuwaiti-born British militant, appeared in videos of the beheadings of Western hostages.

It is believed there was at least one other person in the vehicle targeted in the attack near Raqqa, in Syria.

The UK government said it was "working hand in glove with the Americans" to "hunt down those murdering hostages".

A US official told the BBC Emwazi had been "tracked carefully over a period of time".

Who is Mohammed Emwazi?

'Jihadi John' movement mapped

Emwazi 'claimed harassment'

A drone was used in the attack, according to a US official quoted by the Associated Press news agency.

The Pentagon said it was assessing the operation and would provide additional information "as and where appropriate".

Prime Minister David Cameron is due to make a statement later on Friday.

"The prime minister has said before that tracking down these brutal murderers was a top priority," a spokesperson said.

glad he is dead but there is a part of me that wishes he could have been put away for the rest of his life with Charles Bronson or someone. if its confirmed that is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unfortunately ISIS have probably got 1or 2 others who can pick up the sword and behead westerners should they wish to do so.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately ISIS have probably got 1or 2 others who can pick up the sword and behead westerners should they wish to do so.

I think it has already been pointed out on the BBC that he wasn't the only one carrying out beheadings but was probably the most high profile.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope it wasn't too quick

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Russia are absolutely pounding Isis 1700 air strikes so far. Hopefully they will all be dead soon. The game is up for them if you piss off both russia and the usa

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The way British media are portraying this Jihadi John person. It wouldn't surprise me if he's resurrected.

Can you elaborate please? How do you think this self-confessed murderer should have been portrayed by the press? Personally speaking, I think it's a pretty much given that he's committed unimaginably horrific acts on innocent people.

His supporters in CAGE described him as a beautiful man whereas the British media have him marked as a despicable terrorist. I'm happy, based on his own admissions, to side with the latter opinion so where do you sit in this because I'm struggling to see where there are any grey areas.

I'm not one to wish death upon anyone but I can't say that I think the world is a poorer place with his passing. Good riddance.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Unfortunately its unlikely he would have suffered. I'd have much preferred he'd been caught and taken back to the good ole USA where he could have enjoyed some special and personalised attention.... for many years to come.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here