Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murphy hungry for goals to earn Scotland call-up [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jamie Murphy plans to remain a penalty box predator – as he targets ten more goals and a Scotland place.
The in-form Albion winger has scored three times in his last four games after leaving his touchline and popping up right in front of goal.
He reckons that formula can help him beat last season’s tally of 12 goals for Sheffield United, despite a step up in division.
Murphy signed from the Blades as a renowned touchline raider but his knack of scoring close-range goals has been a big bonus.
He told The Argus: “You are not going to score if you are standing outside the box. Nine times out of ten, the ball’s not going to go there.
“It’s just about getting in the box and, when the ball falls to you, just hitting it sweet. I always feel like I can score goals no matter where I play on the pitch.”
The Glaswegian would love to make an international breakthrough as Scotland boss Gordon Strachan prepares for the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.
He added: “The Scotland ambition is always there. If I’m playing well and scoring goals, these things take care of themselves.
“It’s still just as tough to get in. I want to try my best and, if I’m not in, I need to try a little bit harder.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here