Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you going away for Christmas/New Year?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'm off on a cruise on Cunard Queen Victoria later on today and have 8 nt booked to Lake Como at the end of January but would like to go away for Christmas or New Year. Everything seems overpriced for that time of the year.

Any suggestions or recommendations that's not going to break the bank?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Straight after New Year going off to Tenerife for 3 months ... going to be trying a WFH from there!

Great deal on 2 tix in WSL, if interested PM me :thumbsup:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
At some point over the festive period I will make one of my regular trips to Coventry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kind of. I spend Xmas in Brighton, then go to Barcelona in between Xmas and New Year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Straight after New Year going off to Tenerife for 3 months ... going to be trying a WFH from there!

Great deal on 2 tix in WSL, if interested PM me :thumbsup:

Good luck with the WFH. Great you can do this. I'm quite into this digital nomad thing (as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has called it). Nice to hear others doing it.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm off on a cruise on Cunard Queen Victoria later on today and have 8 nt booked to Lake Como at the end of January but would like to go away for Christmas or New Year. Everything seems overpriced for that time of the year.

Any suggestions or recommendations that's not going to break the bank?

Trekking in the Himalayas is good value. £600 flight. £15 a day spending X 4 weeks.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I'll be in Italy for Christmas, again. It takes some getting use to, stuffing yourself silly on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day. But hey, I'll give it a go. May try and get to the Boxing Day tear-up between Porto San Giorgio and local rivals Fermo ('Fermo = merda' is written on the wall outside the ground, it's not as beautiful as the old 'CPFC DIE' scrawled on the wall outside Hove Station, but it still makes me smile) Actually I'm not sure the match will be any good, I mean how will they be able to run with all that pasta and stuffed olives in them?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Back in Brighton over Christmas and in Beijing over the new year, will be bloody cold!

South east Asia is great for a winter break, fairly expensive flights but once you're there it's quite cheap.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good luck with the WFH. Great you can do this. I'm quite into this digital nomad thing (as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has called it). Nice to hear others doing it.

It was more a post to move on my 2 tix :)

But yes, it's a real sign that the workplace is changing. I'm freelancing but on a /day contract and they are quite OK for me to pack up my laptop and IP phone and bugger off for 3 months. Key question now is have I got the self discipline ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If that's a serious doubt for you, the answer is probably "no"! :wink:

Not going to know till I try! Have spent the last 3 months WFH using all the standard means of communication and its worked fine. Discovered that I've been far more productive, saved 3 hours a day commuting and think i actually produce more to avoid any possible allegation of freewheeling.

Still got 2 x tix to shift :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think of digital nomad-ing as moving around a bit more than I think you do - as you seem to be pretty much rooted in the one place.

Something like this: https://open.buffer.com/11-cities-in-3-months-the-highs-and-lows-of-being-a-digital-nomad/

Good point. I'm not a true nomad. I am pretty much rooted here but I do work on the road. For example this season I am adding a few midweek games to my repertoire; I went to Brighton early doors, worked at The Skiff, went to the Rotherham game, flew back next morning. The early flight was a bit crap so I now plan to also work the next day at The Skiff and fly in the evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here