Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry Wogan

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I might watch it now then.

10004283_164614977223768_790533609_n.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I like Terry, and it won't be the same without him. He doesn't take himself seriously, and has raised millions and millions for children.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fee he hasn't taken since 2011? A big stick to bash him with back then but not now.

Does that mean he DID take a fee for this charity from 1980 - 2010 inclusive?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep, he only stopped when the press ran the story.

They could've really run with it and had a little timer on the screen from the start of the show, indicating exactly when the donations had exceeded his fee.

"Lets see if we can beat last years time, when by 8.22pm we'd already accumulated enough bunce from you guys to cover Terry's services for the night. Please. Just pick up the phone now."

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
They could've really run with it and had a little timer on the screen from the start of the show, indicating exactly when the donations had exceeded his fee.

"Lets see if we can beat last years time, when by 8.22pm we'd already accumulated enough bunce from you guys to cover Terry's services for the night. Please. Just pick up the phone now."

Like a lot of the BBC presenters - the exposure is always worth way more than the fee. I suspect Children in Need has been very, very good to Wogan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like a lot of the BBC presenters - the exposure is always worth way more than the fee. I suspect Children in Need has been very, very good to Wogan.

He got £9,065 for doing the 2005 show (so just over £1,500 an hour). Not bad at all.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Loads of celebrities, who by investing in tax avoidance schemes starve the country of funds thus needing things like this , telling people who work hard and crippled by tax to give their money to it

It's difficult to take a post from Ernest seriously without lost of CAPITAL LETTERS in it

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It was romoured he made millions from it allegedly.It put me off giving. Good old Terry ,such a nice bloke. He got caught and denied he knew nothing about it allegedly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here