Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday restaurant advice needed

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
NSC, I need your help!

It's my wife's birthday tomorrow and I'm meant to be taking her out for dinner in Brighton. However, I left it a little bit late too book and the restaurant she wanted, Chilli Pickle, has no space left.

Is anyone able to suggest any hidden gems that I should be able to get into with a late/ no booking?

Your help is most appreciated!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So she told you where she wants to go....and you aren't taking her there. Good luck tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd start looking for a solicitor as she will not be happy

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Think you might have to blag this one.

Turn up at Chilli Pickle, stroll in saying you've booked a table etc and when they say they haven't got one insist you have and it must be their mistake etc....

Also have a second one booked just in case that doesn't wash.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You'll find A&E is busy on a Friday. Hopefully they won't keep you waiting too long to have the frying pan removed from your face.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Indian Summer or Curry Leaf just looked they have bookings 21.00 onwards or early evening. Indian Summer would be my choice for a special occasion, especially as you need to impress!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's not Indian but try Cafe All'Angolo in East Street - a very good and authentic Italian. I'll be there tomorrow although I don't want a double date !
[h=1][/h]

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Las Iguanas, Mexican/South American restaurant opposite the new library in Brighton.
Top quality food and service and not too pricey. Perfect for a birthdays, nice little bar for cocktails before you eat. Don't usually recommend restaurants but the food and service has been brilliant every time I've been. My other half loved it when I took her!
Good luck mate!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Las Iguanas, Mexican/South American restaurant opposite the new library in Brighton.
Top quality food and service and not too pricey. Perfect for a birthdays, nice little bar for cocktails before you eat. Don't usually recommend restaurants but the food and service has been brilliant every time I've been. My other half loved it when I took her!
Good luck mate!
Er, no.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thank you for all your advice! I did think about blagging it but I didn't think anyone would fall for it. I'm going to check all of the suggestions above to see where I can get a table!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thank you for all your advice! I did think about blagging it but I didn't think anyone would fall for it. I'm going to check all of the suggestions above to see where I can get a table!

The closest thing to Chilli Pickle is Curry Leaf Cafe. I think those that set it up used to chef at Chilli Pickle. If not, they've done a pretty good imitation. You can even dress it up as the new and up-and-coming Chilli Pickle for those in-the-know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The closest thing to Chilli Pickle is Curry Leaf Cafe. I think those that set it up used to chef at Chilli Pickle. If not, they've done a pretty good imitation. You can even dress it up as the new and up-and-coming Chilli Pickle for those in-the-know.

Good call. They also have a good selection of craft beers for the OP to get stuck into when the night starts to fall apart.

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
Tell the wife they had a private function on tonight. It sounds much better than 'I'm a dosy so and so who left it last minute'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It sounds much better than 'I'm a dosy so and so who left it last minute'

True. At least he remembered her birthday; he's not a total failure. In fact, maybe the OP should tell his partner this?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Chilli pickle do take away deliveries.
A couple of candles, nice wine and get it delivered.
Job done and you are bound to be on a promise with that.

I have not charged for this advice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here