Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watches

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
image.jpeg

My Omega seamaster planet ocean a gift last Christmas from my wife is by far the nicest watch I have ever owned

image.png

The rear case is not to shabby in my opinion

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could see myself getting one the day I stop using cell phones entirely but for now my Nokia does the job.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Waste of money

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Waste of money

As could be said of any fashion item. I guess you don’t have any designer clothes or footwear either and you only need a really cheap functional car rather than a nice one? :wink:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As could be said of any fashion item. I guess you don’t have any designer clothes or footwear either and you only need a really cheap functional car rather than a nice one? :wink:
I dont have any designer clothes and my car is falling apart [emoji23]

D

Deleted member 2719

Sadly I can't go into detail on my old watches as it's not really possible to 'willy-wave' with a Swatch. :lol:

Not sure the commodore was much of a willy waver back then, but maybe more so now.

So I suppose the moral is, invest in any old willy give it a few years and show everyone you know.:hilton:

Blimey, that's a bit of a hike, I am pretty sure mine was a tenner!

I am under 40 but have no appreciation of the limited edition band ones, awful in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like them either, I was trying to work out what market they are aiming at, I am mid 50's.

Calling all senior citizens of NSC, who like watches of the musical icons???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Tag Aquaracer. Had it for ten years, automatic movement...my mate has a Rolex Sub. Piece of crap he says. Has to have the movement tweaked every year as it loses time. Costs him a bomb too.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have 5 watches, all in a drawer, 'best' being a Monaco, also a very nice Christopher Ward which I received as a prize racing a few years ago, I haven't worn one of them this year on either wrist or even in bed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My Omega seamaster planet ocean a gift last Christmas from my wife is by far the nicest watch I have ever owned
And you're fine with that? She's clearly done something very very naughty.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
my mate has a Rolex Sub. Piece of crap he says. Has to have the movement tweaked every year as it loses time.
How much time is it losing? A non faulty sub should be reasonably accurate for an automatic.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
How much time is it losing? A non faulty sub should be reasonably accurate for an automatic.

About 5 mins per month. Not critical but very annoying. It’s been serviced in switzerland three times...still faulty.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
About 5 mins per month. Not critical but very annoying. It’s been serviced in switzerland three times...still faulty.
Yeah that's too much for a Rolex. I have watches that are worse, but if paying Rolex prices I'd want better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's too much.

All Rolexes will be COSC certified meaning that they have to run between -4 and +6 seconds per day so, at the very worst, three minutes per month.

(That's 99.994% accuracy from a mechanical watch for those who say "I'd expect a Rolex to be more accurate than that)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's too much.

All Rolexes will be COSC certified meaning that they have to run between -4 and +6 seconds per day so, at the very worst, three minutes per month.

(That's 99.994% accuracy from a mechanical watch for those who say "I'd expect a Rolex to be more accurate than that)

Some years ago I had an original (1973) Heuer Monaco, that kept time within 1s a day, as does its modern replacement. (Old one got wet and died in Aus!)

I wouldn't buy another watch like it, no point other than as an ornament/investment

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
That's too much.

Yep. He calls it his Friday Argo watch.

The bloke assembling it was obviously on a promise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here