Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prime Minister in spat with his own Tory council

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
We love a good political binfest on here so surprised to note the absence of a thread on our glorious PM's spat with his local council. He has been having an exchange of letters with the Tory leader of Oxfordshire County Council complaining about cuts to front line services and suggesting that the council should instead be cutting back room services. The council has responded saying that they have already done that

Is our Prime Minister totally out of touch with what is happening at the sharp end? And is he having second thoughts about the effects of their funding cuts?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think something is going to happen big time in the near future regarding these appalling cuts.
Its out of control and not as necessary to cut as deep so fast as they have done.
Personally I can not stand 1 more minute of Cameron, Osborne, IDS and the rest of this sorry excuse for a front bench.
Cameron is all bluster with very little end product with missed targets left right and centre, a public schoolboy PR idiot with an obvious hatred for the poor and disadvantaged from infants to the elderly.
The NHS will be in a whole lot of trouble this winter, see todays news.
He will be laughed out the door (again) in Europe and his backbenchers will rebel.
Cameron is extremely weak and a bare faced liar who is prepared to use his dead son as a sound bite to convince us that the NHS will be ok (yeah right) and based his election speeches and interviews on scare tactics rather than answering any bloody questions.
Its beyond me that people cant see right through Cameron for what he is and what he is doing.
If someone wiped out that horrendous front bench tonight I would still sleep very easily in my bed tonight, maybe even with a little grin.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Wouldn't happen in the Right Honourable Jeremy Corbyn's world. We would all be working the the party and somehow funding it all

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I think something is going to happen big time in the near future regarding these appalling cuts.
Its out of control and not as necessary to cut as deep so fast as they have done.
Personally I can not stand 1 more minute of Cameron, Osborne, IDS and the rest of this sorry excuse for a front bench.
Cameron is all bluster with very little end product with missed targets left right and centre, a public schoolboy PR idiot with an obvious hatred for the poor and disadvantaged from infants to the elderly.
He will be laughed out the door (again) in Europe and his backbenchers will rebel.
Cameron is extremely weak and a bare faced liar who is prepared to use his dead son as a sound bite to convince us that the NHS will be ok (yeah right) and based his election speeches and interviews on scare tactics rather than answering any bloody questions.
Its beyond me that people cant see right through Cameron for what he is and what he is doing.
If someone wiped out that horrendous front bench tonight I would still sleep very easily in my bed tonight, maybe even with a little grin.

That my friend is spot on. And he may have broken the ministerial code by inviting the council to a pow- wow with PM advisers. Preferential treatment.

Wouldn't happen in the Right Honourable Jeremy Corbyn's world. We would all be working the the party and somehow funding it all

If and when Corbyn can persuade his Labour Party colleagues that the priority should be to oppose the excesses of the Tory government, rather than worry about an election in four and a half years time, then there might be some hope.

Who knows, we might actually stop the cuts. And, in 2020, that could turn out to have been a very popular thing to have done.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Cheer up old bean it could be worse ....

2560.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We love a good political binfest on here so surprised to note the absence of a thread on our glorious PM's spat with his local council. He has been having an exchange of letters with the Tory leader of Oxfordshire County Council complaining about cuts to front line services and suggesting that the council should instead be cutting back room services. The council has responded saying that they have already done that

Is our Prime Minister totally out of touch with what is happening at the sharp end? And is he having second thoughts about the effects of their funding cuts?

Just watched the first episode of House of Cards on dvd. Life imitating art or what?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

See the 'you don't know what you're doing thread' posted yesterday. I'll bounce it in a mo. The PM's office is now desperately trying to retrieve the situation by offering policy unit support to the council (which by the way is in breach of the ministerial code). Pitiful & frightening incompetence that I am also surprised has not attracted more comment...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here