Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC help required - browser won't load / return web searches.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My day-to-day laptop uses Google Chrome browser and has done for a few years with no problems whatsoever.

However, as of yesterday evening although I can still access the Chrome homepage, from there it won't load any web pages or searches (ie bbc.co.uk or North Stand Chat etc).

Any ideas how to fix this on my pc?

Thanks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You have come to the right place and I am the expert so will tell you first. Turn it off then turn it on again, if that dont work it is f....d.:)

I knew you wouldn't let me down, BG

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Have you tried clearing your browser history, checked for a rouge extension or tried to reset Chrome back to default settings. It might also be worth running scans with Malwarebytes and CCleaner to see if they pick anything up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Have you tried clearing your browser history, checked for a rouge extension or tried to reset Chrome back to default settings. It might also be worth running scans with Malwarebytes and CCleaner to see if they pick anything up.

:thumbsup: :kiss:

Thread closed

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My day-to-day laptop uses Google Chrome browser and has done for a few years with no problems whatsoever.

However, as of yesterday evening although I can still access the Chrome homepage, from there it won't load any web pages or searches (ie bbc.co.uk or North Stand Chat etc).

Any ideas how to fix this on my pc?

Thanks.
Just enquiring, do you use BT Internet.?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here