Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Becky Watts

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Such a sad and evil story, but surely with extreme cases like this there should be justification for capital punishment? especially when the accused pleads not guilty and drags a family through an extended living nightmare.

Killing is bad enough but dismembering a body takes It to another level of depravity altogether.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The whole story makes my stomach turn. I'm not sure about capital punishment but they both need to get serious punishment for this.

How on earth did the mates think it was a good idea assisting the couple in hiding the body?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Such a sad and evil story, but surely with extreme cases like this there should be justification for capital punishment? especially when the accused pleads not guilty and drags a family through an extended living nightmare.

Killing is bad enough but dismembering a body takes It to another level of depravity altogether.

No, capital punishment should never be re-introduced. Taking an eye for an eye is like returning to the middle ages.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I totally disagree. Capital punishment is not the way to go. The sooner the USA realises this the better for mankind.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nothing, not even this heinous crime could make me change my stance against capital punishment.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
The whole story makes my stomach turn. I'm not sure about capital punishment but they both need to get serious punishment for this.

How on earth did the mates think it was a good idea assisting the couple in hiding the body?

What would you class as serious punishment though? 25 years and then let them free to walk our streets?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It is my belief that there is no justification for capital punishment under any circumstances.

I do agree this is the type of case that tests one's belief in that though. Life should mean life here.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
.... and they still tried to bullshit their way out of it, especially Shauna Hoare - incredible.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Killing can't be that bad since you are recommending it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

And who sets the boundary between what is and what isn't a clear cut case?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Killing can't be that bad since you are recommending it.

I'm not recommending it, it's for discussion, and I am sure this case will bring up the debate again in the UK. Some would say that it would be a deterrent which could be a good thing.

Becky's dad said he would like to see him hang for it and that is why I brought it up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here