Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The good, the bad and the Brighton - Croydon Advertiser

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"Everything that CPFC2010 have done is amazing and they've created a legacy of how football clubs should be run and we should be so proud of that"

Ripping off local suppliers is something to be proud of?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
"Basically what I am saying is, the last thing I want for us to do is end up like Brighton!"

Eh? What does that mean?

EDIT: Ah right –*just re-read it – the old 'plastic supporters' thing. A phenomenon that affects EVERY club in the world, probably. And, as I've asked before, when Withdean had such a small capacity, where do you expect people to go...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'World famous atmosphere' :lolol:

Ok.

:lol: They do believe their own Sky Sports driven hype don't they? It's one noisy corner of kids in hoody uniform singing foreign songs ffs. As I've mentioned on here before, SKY love to put a sound thing right by them and turn up the volume - the difference when BT Sport used to cover matches was quite funny...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"...little old Crystal Palace."

We've been saying this for years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
'World famous atmosphere' :lolol:

Ok.
"we don't begin to lose our world famous atmosphere and we get the prawn sandwich brigade turning up and claiming to be Palace fans their whole life."

So what do the new fans they got when getting to the PL say they were doing their whole life?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
"Basically what I am saying is, the last thing I want for us to do is end up like Brighton!"

Eh? What does that mean?

Probably doesn't want them to get bigger or their facilities to be world class? Possibly also doesn't want a well run community club and would rather mug off the local businesses and St Johns than work with them? I'm just guessing, of course... :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When they are relegated 12000 ratting around in a 40000 stadium will surely dampen their atmosphere. I can see why the author of that is worried.

T-minus 4 minutes and counting!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Eh? What does that mean?

Probably doesn't want them to get bigger or their facilities to be world class? Possibly also doesn't want a well run community club and would rather mug off the local businesses and St Johns than work with them? I'm just guessing, of course... :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Can they serious redevelop Selhurst into a 40,000 all seater? There doesn't appear to be the room.

What happened to the plan to build a new stadium in Bromley?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Can they serious redevelop Selhurst into a 40,000 all seater? There doesn't appear to be the room.

They'll torch half of Croydon to make room for it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

If I was a builder on the project I'd be asking for cash in advance.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What's wrong with prawn sandwiches? I like prawn sandwiches. We don't all still have Jam for tea. Or maybe they do in Croydon, wouldn't surprise me.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The article is about as well written as one of HB&B's journalistic ramblings as far as grammar, punctuation and typographical accuracy are concerned. I really don't think that it should be taken any more seriously than the sort of crap you might see from a Palace fan on Twitter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A suitably cringeworthy article from a fan of the most cringeworthy club in the country, banging on about this marvellous atmosphere. :lolol: It's almost as if the several years of 12-13,000 crowds didn't happen - and even that might be forgiveable if these comedy small crowds were a decade ago or more ago (such as with Newcastle), but we're actually talking TWO YEARS ago FFS.

At least no-one in Brighton is pretending that we didn't have small gates at Withdean.

Chief smug Nigel in chief Dougie will be on here in a minute, he'll embarrass himself with a couple of dull comments and then scuttle off back to his own board to laugh at "delusional" Brighton fans on one of their two embarrassingly long threads dedicated to people on NSC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here