Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interesting article about Uwe (Google-translated from Deutsch)

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ex-Paderborn in England: Uwe Hünemeier's new world

By Jens Mickler

From SC Paderborn into English seaside resort of Brighton: professional footballer Uwe Hünemeier has a new sporting home found. The start with his new club Brighton & Hove Albion proceeded promisingly.

Hünemeier, arrived safely in the House

At first everything went very quickly. On a Tuesday in August Uwe Hünemeier traveled for medical check-up to Brighton. On Sundays it he was already in the starting lineup of his new club Brighton & Hove Albion against FC Fulham. Hünemeier won the game with his team through a penalty goal in the final minute-. He will not soon forget. "I have the same high intensity of English football met after 75 minutes, I thought.. Phew, now nearly 20 minutes I was actually already dead as a doornail, but we could not change," the New Brighton remembers talking with WDR.de.

All Games "mega-tight"

At the end Hünemeier witnessed the first victory of the season and had played in the first team. Then we went into the "Championships", the second English league, victorious on. 16 championship games have been played so far. The giants from the famous seaside resort, which would nearly relegated in the preseason is, surprisingly in second place in the table, which would entitle the holder to promotion to the Premier League. Yet lost a match. However, Uwe Hünemeier notes: "All games were mega-eng Here you nothing is paid.."

Meanwhile, Uwe Hünemeier has adapted to the harsh life in the House. The change, just as far as his defensive game was not without. Hünemeier: "In Paderborn we have played rather hesitant and are never far rausgrückt Here we defend on a very high line and are much more variable, which also costs more strength.." New for Hünemeier also include Brighton has four strong central defender in the squad who all want to play. While he was placed as captain at SC Paderborn and had to make a big idea with respect to the starting line-insert, it is now considered the starting berth against the competition week after week to defend. So far, closed the well.

Respondent defender

That he would leave the SC Paderborn, for whom he played three years in the summer, came as a surprise for him. Half a dozen times about so Hünemeier learned later, had been watching him Scouts during the last season in the Bundesliga. But only the second league start of the season did the target person that it might be serious about change.

As captain of SC Paderborn
When the English second division finally offered 2.7 million euros, nodded the Paderboner club bosses from the transfer business. Defence men like Uwe Hünemeier are in demand in the second English league: Uncompromising, gripping hard and playing with high physical exertion.

The change on the island has never regretted day native of Gütersloh. Above all of the conditions around game and training enthuses the 29-year-old. "Our training center is top Here nothing is missing breakfast, lunch, rehabilitation -... All of the finest Someone once told me, it belongs to the top five in England," said Hünemeier. The club is owned by a family from Kuwait (Ed: ???), which built a modern stadium in front of the city gates. That is always well stocked. (Ed: Yeah, apart from Harvey's, pies etc :annoyed:) 25,000 spectators come on average, also thanks to the good start to the season. The football is great hunger in Brighton.

Longing for the family

The einizige what he sometimes misses his happiness, his wife and their two children, six and three years old, he has not seen just four weeks. "My wife and I knew it would be tough, but the compromise we have made." Several times already visited the family the father, but a complete relocation is not an option. Hünemeiers just have a house built in Delbrück (circle Paderborn), next year the daughter to be enrolled there. "There are also horse and dogs, we do not want to give up." The beautiful 90 square meter apartment in Brighton with sea views can compensate because just a little. "In addition, the rent is damn high. (Ed: You're not wrong there, Uwe) In Munich City it would certainly cost no less," says Hünemeier.

In the duel against FC Fulham
His contract runs for three years and is much higher doped than the contracts that he had previously. "Salaries are much higher than here in the German second division. But we are with Brighton only average," says Hünemeier and gives as an example the so-called parachute monies paid for the relegated from the Premier League. These clubs, which would otherwise benefit from the high television money in the first division are softer fall when it comes one floor down.

Through Started up in the Premier League?

In Brighton & Hove Albion is now dreaming of returning to the Premier League. More than 30 years Brighton & Hove Albion played first class from 1979 to 1983 in the then Football League First Division. That Uwe Hünemeier could be there when they get better, "I would not even expect." In any case, the Ostwestsfale itself must sometimes pinch when he looks back on the past few years. 2010 or he played at Borussia Dortmund II in the Regionalliga. The professional status was on the edge. Then we went step by step upwards. The highlight was the promotion to the Bundesliga with SC Paderborn 2014. Now could be followed by a further rise.

[Ends]

Anyone want to put Herr Mickler straight about the club's ownership?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
"His contract runs for three years and is much higher doped than the contracts that he had previously."

Sounds like we're offering some interesting fringe benefits.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

There's no email address for him but there's a contact for WDR. I'll get my head around the German I'd need to use and send a reply later this morning

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Thanks for the link - really interesting read.

Apart from the ownership mistake, a well-written and researched article. Potentially being away from his wife and children for three years must be really tough for him. Hope he doesn't get too homesick...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Really interesting article - I didn't realise he hadn't brought his wife and kids over, that's tough - Christmas could be a difficult time for him - I hope the club is looking after him well and he feels socially integrated over here

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
How come Google can translate "mega eng" in the cross head but can't translate it in the text? And what the hell does "rausgruekt" mean? Not only is it not in my dictionary, it's not in my German slang book either

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
How come Google can translate "mega eng" in the cross head but can't translate it in the text? And what the hell does "rausgruekt" mean? Not only is it not in my dictionary, it's not in my German slang book either

I think it's something made of cabbage.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The einizige what he sometimes misses his happiness, his wife and their two children, six and three years old, he has not seen just four weeks. "My wife and I knew it would be tough, but the compromise we have made." Several times already visited the family the father, but a complete relocation is not an option. Hünemeiers just have a house built in Delbrück (circle Paderborn), next year the daughter to be enrolled there. "There are also horse and dogs, we do not want to give up."
Now I feel sad :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's no email address for him but there's a contact for WDR. I'll get my head around the German I'd need to use and send a reply later this morning

I read the article via Google translate earlier today and it said a family from Brighton.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I like the phrase

'So far, closed the well'

I don't quite get what it means, I just know that I like it and will be using it. 'How are you getting on with the report'....'so far, closed the well'

Should buy me at least a couple of hours

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

interesting error to make. no one wants to dwell on it, rather have it corrected...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like the phrase

'So far, closed the well'

I don't quite get what it means, I just know that I like it and will be using it. 'How are you getting on with the report'....'so far, closed the well'

Should buy me at least a couple of hours

The translation has confused the adverb well with the noun well. What the article says is "So far, it's worked out well" but closed the well sounds much better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here