Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster-Caskey wants to show Albion what he can do [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jake Forster-Caskey hopes to use England Under-21s as a springboard into the Albion and England first teams.
Forster-Caskey has seen under-21 colleagues Harry Kane and Eric Dier force their way into Roy Hodgson’s plans in recent months.
The 21-year-old hopes to win his 13th cap for the under-21s in Bosnia and Herzogovina today making him one of the most experienced players in Gareth Southgate’s squad.
And while breaking into Albion’s first team is the midfielder’s first priority he admits seeing the progress Kane and Dier have made has been an inspiration to him and his under-21 team-mates.

Forster-Caskey said: “It is vital seeing players going up to the first team. It is good for the boys in there as we look up to them and think we can get there too."
“That is obviously everybody’s aspiration. I want to play for the England first team in the future but the only way to do that is by playing well for the under-21s and my club.”
Forster-Caskey has made just one league appearance as a substitute for the Seagulls this season and joined MK Dons on loan in order to keep sharp.
He was not even on the bench for the 2-1 victory over the Dons last Saturday and knows today’s European Championship qualifier in Sarajevo and Monday’s clash with Switzerland at the Amex are good opportunities to show boss Chris Hughton what he can do.
Forster-Caskey added: “Obviously whenever you play you try to impress but I’m here every day with him (Hughton) in training so I’m trying to do that all the time. Whenever you play for your country there are a lot of people watching so you know you have to perform.
“It’s been a slightly frustrating season at Brighton but they have been doing really well so I’ve got no complaints about that. It’s been good to get some game-time with England to give me a different focus and because international football is very different to club football it is good for your development.”
Forster-Caskey is one of three Albion players in the under-21 squad along with goalkeeper Christian Walton and winger Solly March as Southgate’s men bid to build on victories over Norway and Kazakhstan in their opening two qualifiers.
In contrast Bosnia have lost all three of their games so far in Group 9 but Forster-Caskey does not expect an easy ride.
He added: “Away games are quite different because lots of countries tend to sit in as we are quite dominant. They’ll put 11 behind the ball and make it hard for you to break them down.
“Sometimes when you don’t score four or five people think you are not playing well but it isn’t easy.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here