Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds fans talking sense ????

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whilst I agree with the sentiment of the fans, the clubs have sold away their soul with the deal with Sky.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
“We call on the Football League to consider setting a maximum number of games per season that clubs supporters can be subjected to fixture change and a minimum 3 months’ notice period.” A longer notice period will certainly help fans to plan in advance, especially those who travel by train, who need to book well in advance to get the cheapest tickets.

Where do I SING ???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Another Dirty L**ds game moved in January, the clash of the World's two biggest clubs:

[tweet]664472830621392896[/tweet]

Thank f*ck they haven't moved Rotherham or Blackburn away.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What I want to know is why are they putting Leeds on so much anyway ?
Why not Brighton , Burnley, Hull wjho are top of the league.
Saying that people would probably die of boredom watching some of our matches. They aint been pretty av they ?

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Saying that people would probably die of boredom watching some of our matches. They aint been pretty av they ?

Because they are champions of Europe?

Or because they probably have the the national fan base.They proababy have a lots of fans from the glory days who don't live in Leeds or go to games but watch them on TV.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove

If this quote from the article is correct:

the average viewing figure for our games is 150,000 people more than for matches not involving Leeds

I can only imagine it makes a worthwhile difference to the amount that Sky can charge for adverts. It costs them nothing to choose a Leeds game instead of some other club's, so it's free money as far as they're concerned.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's not just Leeds, how many times have Wolves been on this season and Derby for that matter as well?? Maybe they should breakaweay and form a three team Super League broadcast every week.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Am struggling to get my head round this comment.
At times this season, we have played some of the best football I have seen us play for years. High tempo, slick passing and good movement. The first half at Fulham was bordering on brilliant. We battered Cardiff, with prolonged spells of superb football and there have been other passages of play, equally good.
I watched most of Huddersfield v Leeds on Saturday and it was awful stuff. Derby struggled last Friday and there is not one Championship side, playing regular, open, attractive football. Its about grinding out results and getting yourself in a challenging position.
I am enjoying this season far more than those at the Amex under Poyet and Garcia. That really was mind numbingly turgid football at times.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Am struggling to get my head round this comment.
At times this season, we have played some of the best football I have seen us play for years. High tempo, slick passing and good movement. The first half at Fulham was bordering on brilliant. We battered Cardiff, with prolonged spells of superb football and there have been other passages of play, equally good.
I watched most of Huddersfield v Leeds on Saturday and it was awful stuff. Derby struggled last Friday and there is not one Championship side, playing regular, open, attractive football. Its about grinding out results and getting yourself in a challenging position.
I am enjoying this season far more than those at the Amex under Poyet and Garcia. That really was mind numbingly turgid football at times.

As was quoted earlier, its all down to the viewing figures, according to the article audiences 150,000 higher than for other teams.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Because they are champions of Europe?

Or because they probably have the the national fan base.They proababy have a lots of fans from the glory days who don't live in Leeds or go to games but watch them on TV.
I suspect that there would be a fair number of Manchester United fans tuning in to watch Leeds lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here