Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Sauce? Very good player IMO.

There's a video of him skinning the whole Liverpool U21 team, and scoring, knocking about somewhere at the moment.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good player but would Chelsea want guaranteed game time for him? If so unless something happened to Stephens or Kayal would he get it here?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Massive potential, Looked very good in a 25 minute cameo in our game at the Bridge earlier this season.

Would be a big coup if Brighton could get him on loan, Would imagine the location and facilities would make it an attractive proposition for him.But would also think that there are premiership teams that would give him a starting position during a loan move.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's one of those ones Chelsea were paying over £20k per week to at 16-17 years of age, isn't he? Astonishing. And- in some cases- it's little wonder they don't make it. Where's the incentive to succeed when you earn that sort of money at 16?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
He's one of those ones Chelsea were paying over £20k per week to at 16-17 years of age, isn't he? Astonishing. And- in some cases- it's little wonder they don't make it. Where's the incentive to succeed when you earn that sort of money at 16?

Blimey that's ridiculous,I think 99% of lads his age would think they have made it once they see that in their bank account every week/month,And then end up playing non-league by the time they are 21, Think he could be one of the 1% though.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Would be ideal if for example we loan out JFC again.

And would offer genuine alternatives to Kayal and Stephens

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blimey that's ridiculous,I think 99% of lads his age would think they have made it once they see that in their bank account every week/month,And then end up playing non-league by the time they are 21, Think he could be one of the 1% though.

Yep, he does seem to be highly rated. The Independent suggested that Chelsea offered him an £18k/ week deal on his 17th birthday, or £34k/wk if you count bonuses :ohmy:

Andreas Christensen, one of their youth teamers I've never heard of, is supposedly on £20k/wk. Josh McEachran (remember him??) was on £38k per week despite being out on loan to half the teams in the Championship at various points. No idea where he is now, but he certainly doesn't appear to have made it at Chelsea.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can imagine him ending up at Derby or 'Boro.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Josh McEachran (remember him??) was on £38k per week despite being out on loan to half the teams in the Championship at various points. No idea where he is now

At those other west london giants...... no not QPR..... Brentford!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good player but would Chelsea want guaranteed game time for him? If so unless something happened to Stephens or Kayal would he get it here?

Well we play more then two in midfield!, either Kayal or Stephens could drop back if necessary, plus I believe Loftus-Cheek can play out wide too.

He would give us more options that's for sure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Josh McEachran (remember him??) was on £38k per week despite being out on loan to half the teams in the Championship at various points. No idea where he is now, but he certainly doesn't appear to have made it at Chelsea.

He joined Brentford for about £650k in the summer then got a serious injury so is out for most of this season

I am not so sure that we need an attacking midfielder unless we are going to scrap 4-4-2 and revert to 1 up front. Another goal scoring wide man or support striker but not midfielder. If it was Bamford different story.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep, he does seem to be highly rated. The Independent suggested that Chelsea offered him an £18k/ week deal on his 17th birthday, or £34k/wk if you count bonuses :ohmy:

Andreas Christensen, one of their youth teamers I've never heard of, is supposedly on £20k/wk. Josh McEachran (remember him??) was on £38k per week despite being out on loan to half the teams in the Championship at various points. No idea where he is now, but he certainly doesn't appear to have made it at Chelsea.

Josh McEachran signed for Brentford during the summer transfer window, Immediately picked up an injury I believe, and hasn't made his debut for them yet,

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He joined Brentford for about £650k in the summer then got a serious injury so is out for most of this season

I am not so sure that we need an attacking midfielder unless we are going to scrap 4-4-2 and revert to 1 up front. Another goal scoring wide man or support striker but not midfielder. If it was Bamford different story.

I must be your echo!

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Was saying that we should get him in when Stephens injury arose. If Baldock is out after the international break could be worth a go anyway, has an eye for goal and could potentially play in behind Hemed/Zamora.

Saying that Chelsea would probably want guranteed starts/his full wages covered so if he does move more likely to be Middlesbrough etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was saying that we should get him in when Stephens injury arose. If Baldock is out after the international break could be worth a go anyway, has an eye for goal and could potentially play in behind Hemed/Zamora.

Saying that Chelsea would probably want guranteed starts/his full wages covered so if he does move more likely to be Middlesbrough etc.

Could he play the Tex role of last year? I do not know enough about him but if Baldocks injury is a long one I would prefer a 'fox in the box' type player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here