Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticketing on the Club Website

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The club are getting so much right so very right. However, the ticketing part of the club website is an utter joke.

The first thing I noticed was on my account. My email address is wrong. I first discovered this error when I bought Villa cup tickets. I have updated it countless times since but it just reverts back to the wrong address!

I promised my kids tickets to the Christmas Party. In order to buy them, I need to login as a Young Seagulls member. I have tried to do so, several times. First I tried my eldest's membership. I have had a full range of baffling error messages (for example "this username already exists" when clicking the "forgot password" option). I could not login so gave up.

I also had to upgrade my youngest to a Junior Seagulls Plus member. That bit worked at a cost of £10 but I couldn't buy an Xmas party ticket. I tried to log out and log back in again to see if that would help but once i had logged out it would not log me back in!

An hour and a half later and I have just given up. Am I right in thinking all the clubs in the football league have to use the same website provider? I just can;t believe how bad it is. Has anyone ever had a good experience on there?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Best thing will be to pick up the phone tomorrow and speak to them. Presumably you haven't been getting the pre match briefs and other marketing stuff.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The club are getting so much right so very right. However, the ticketing part of the club website is an utter joke.

The first thing I noticed was on my account. My email address is wrong. I first discovered this error when I bought Villa cup tickets. I have updated it countless times since but it just reverts back to the wrong address!

I promised my kids tickets to the Christmas Party. In order to buy them, I need to login as a Young Seagulls member. I have tried to do so, several times. First I tried my eldest's membership. I have had a full range of baffling error messages (for example "this username already exists" when clicking the "forgot password" option). I could not login so gave up.

I also had to upgrade my youngest to a Junior Seagulls Plus member. That bit worked at a cost of £10 but I couldn't buy an Xmas party ticket. I tried to log out and log back in again to see if that would help but once i had logged out it would not log me back in!

An hour and a half later and I have just given up. Am I right in thinking all the clubs in the football league have to use the same website provider? I just can;t believe how bad it is. Has anyone ever had a good experience on there?

Works for me. Give the club a call. They should be able to fix your email problem.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Best thing will be to pick up the phone tomorrow and speak to them. Presumably you haven't been getting the pre match briefs and other marketing stuff.

Well that's another bizarre thing - I have been getting them! The erroneous email address only seems to be on that ridiculous booking part of the site.

I will try and call them tomorrow but I just spent a tenner to upgrade my youngest's account to make sure he didn't miss out on the xmas party. Only Junior Seagulls Plus or Junior STH's can get them today, all Junior Seagulls can get them tomorrow. That was a waste of a tenner!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well that's another bizarre thing - I have been getting them! The erroneous email address only seems to be on that ridiculous booking part of the site.

I will try and call them tomorrow but I just spent a tenner to upgrade my youngest's account to make sure he didn't miss out on the xmas party. Only Junior Seagulls Plus or Junior STH's can get them today, all Junior Seagulls can get them tomorrow. That was a waste of a tenner!

I might be missing something here, but you mentioned your email address when you bought Villa cup tickets, which was when we were at Withdean. The ticketing website has changed twice since then. The latest update was two years ago.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I might be missing something here, but you mentioned your email address when you bought Villa cup tickets, which was when we were at Withdean. The ticketing website has changed twice since then. The latest update was two years ago.

You're right, it has, but it's still got the wrong email address!

Earlier on the website finally recognised that I was saying I had forgotten my sons password (I hadn't, it just wasn't working). It sent me a new temporary one, that also doesn't work!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No luck in getting tickets for the Xmas Party. Logged on fine but it says "please wait" and goes round and round.

Can you even get them in your basket? I worked out how to get into one of my sons accounts - using my email address instead of the fan number in the "login with fan number" field but I cannot select any tickets anywhere.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Always drives me mad, but maybe more to do with me expecting things to be really simple. Just bought 4 adult & 2 kids for the England game. There is a family option but damned if I could find it.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

Hello mate.

There was a message at the top saying that you have to login as yourself not the child.

Hope this helps

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a very poor piece of software that has been minimally tested, probably only to the extent that it works for completely normal cases and some load testing for special events.

My wife tried to buy ground tour tickets for me and my son as a Christmas present without us knowing. She had no purchase history but it looked like she could do it as a guest. Literally 45 minutes of baffling error message later she gave up and told me and I ordered them with my fan number in two minutes flat.

I think the ticket ordering is a bit of a faff - successfully ordered tickets for the Xmas Party this morning, but the option to buy car park space is hidden away at the top of the page and it took a lot of fiddling around to successfully allocate names to tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here